Rescue shuttle planning update

Old April 1st 04, 03:34 AM
bob haller

Default Rescue shuttle planning update

Then get used to going around in circles, because with that attitude,
getting out of LEO is going to remain expensive for a *long* time. Longer
than your lifetime, certainly. And had your attitude been prevalent during
the 1960s, Apollo simply would not have happened.

--
JRF

ALL we presently do is go around in circles so that dioesnt prove anything.

We better have LOTS of backup capacity or going to mars will be a death
experience. we need rugged durable equiptement thats thoroughly tested then
lots of backup capacity.

thats why we need a moon base first, just for practice, before help is months
away.
Hey this is my opinion
Old April 1st 04, 04:53 AM
Derek Lyons

"Jorge R. Frank" wrote:
When Congress learns the colossal price tag for such a "belt-and-
suspenders" approach, they will kill the program pronto. The nation cannot
afford it, period.

We most certainly *can* afford it financially. It's unlikely however
that we can afford it politically.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.
Old April 1st 04, 06:55 PM
Derek Lyons

"Jorge R. Frank" wrote:

(Derek Lyons) wrote in
:

"Jorge R. Frank" wrote:
When Congress learns the colossal price tag for such a "belt-and-
suspenders" approach, they will kill the program pronto. The nation
cannot afford it, period.

We most certainly *can* afford it financially. It's unlikely however
that we can afford it politically.

A nitpicking distinction, but true.

Nitpicking, but important. To the vast majority of the populace
''afford'' occurs only in the context of ''money''.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.