Newbie Solar Eclipse question

Old April 16th 04, 04:42 PM
Wes Chormicle

Default Newbie Solar Eclipse question

Hello,
I have been searching the web without luck for some sort of solar eclipse
calendar. I'm 51 years old, live in southern Utah and want to see a total
eclipse before I die. So I'm trying to find the closest one in the next
10-15 years.

Thank you for any help!

Wes

---

Old April 16th 04, 04:56 PM
Andy Lawes

Hi Wes,

Check this link out it gives you a map of all total solar eclipses till 2025
the next one in the States is 2017 and tracks all the way across the USA.

http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclips...2001-25T-2.GIF

Hope that helps but its a long time to wait!

Cheers

Andy Lawes
Chairman ESAS
www.esas.org.uk

link.net...

Old April 16th 04, 05:51 PM
Dave

Wes Chormicle wrote:
Hello,
I have been searching the web without luck for some sort of solar
eclipse calendar. I'm 51 years old, live in southern Utah and want
to see a total eclipse before I die. So I'm trying to find the
closest one in the next 10-15 years.

Hi Wes,

It's not very high res, but this link may be useful:

http://tinyurl.com/3ew3l

Hope you do better than when I went to see an eclipse, it was cloudy.

DaveL

Old April 17th 04, 04:20 AM
Odysseus

Andy Lawes wrote:

http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclips...2001-25T-2.GIF

Note that truncating the above link to the "... eclipse/" takes you
to the site's home page; there are a great many more charts and
tables available.

--
Odysseus
Old April 17th 04, 12:53 PM
Eclipsme

March, 2006. Northward from Chad into Libya, across the Mediterranean,
through Turkey and beyond

See you there!

Harvey