Mysterious signals from 1000 light years away

Old September 3rd 04, 03:47 AM
Vanilla Gorilla (Monkey Boy)

Default Mysterious signals from 1000 light years away

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 13:52:07 -0400, Mike Maxwell
wrote in alt.fan.art-bell in message
:

robert j. kolker wrote:
Maybe all we got was a -Lucy- rerun (in a manner of speaking).

If it were real, I could dig that! Think of trying to do the
linguistics, especially when Ricky launches into ET's equivalent of Spanish.

Mike McSwell

"Joo got a lot o' splaineen to do!"
--
V.G.

Change pobox dot alaska to gci.
"I wanted a car I could run down pedestrians with. But one with a comfy ride, like a sofa on wheels." - Father Haskell

"No doubt about it, 9-11 was orchestrated by Lockheed." - *lexa 'connects the dots' 4/27/04 )

"Nope, Lockheed provided the cover for 9-11 due to abuses of it's system. They're guilty as charged. But ultimately it was Bechtel who concocted the
9-11 events." Alexa connects some totally different dots. 8/6/04 )

Sarcasm is my sword, Apathy is my shield.
Old September 3rd 04, 05:25 AM
Vanilla Gorilla (Monkey Boy)

On 2 Sep 2004 20:43:45 -0700, (Alfred Einstead)

Uncle Al wrote:
Moderate Mammal wrote:
Mysterious signals from 1000 light years away
Exclusive from New Scientist

As reliable as "The Enquirer."

Fine. A master civilization is 1000 lightyears away. We just caught
a piece of their uncontrolled EM emission.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's the only EM emission anyone's ever going to catch.
Nobody(/no-thing) in their right mind(/or whatever it uses to think
with) will waste its effort intentionally sending out signals that
take eons to get anywhere.

They aren't there any more.

They're here, instead.

1000 years is a long time for things to progress... including
the discovery and engineering-exploitation of the new physics
needed to tunnel through the light barrier.

A rule of thumb to measure the pace of change and progress of
history is to use man-years (or sentinent-being-years, whatever
the case). For the Earth, 25% of all years lived up to 2001 were
lived on or after 1900; about 1/3 since the dawn of the Industrial
Era. Since then, we've gone through 2 major watersheds, each as
large as the agricultural revolution: the industrial revolution
and the post-industrial revolutions. Eons that took 10,000's of
years to pass have come and gone in a mere century or two now.

A 1000 years even at that relatively low pace of the 20th century
gives you about 2.5 times the sum total of all man-years to date.
The world, by that time, if it survives the next decade, will be
as different from now as now is from the world predating humans.

So, any civilization out there at the radio threshold 1000 years
back is either gone or already here amongst us.

For the sake of them showing, by precedent, the way our future
is headed: you'd better hope they're here, and not gone...

Anomalies reported & catalogued even by the people famous for
making "fake" crop circles:

http://www.circlemakers.org/weird_****.html

Yeah, they could discover FTL travel, and then fly out ahead of their
TV/radio wavefront, and erect huge deflectors to keep us from ever
receiving their signals.

Old September 3rd 04, 05:54 AM
DrPostman

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 20:25:20 -0800, "Vanilla Gorilla (Monkey Boy)"
wrote:

Yeah, they could discover FTL travel, and then fly out ahead of their
TV/radio wavefront, and erect huge deflectors to keep us from ever
receiving their signals.

We ought to consider doing that ourselves some day. Think of the
consequences exposing an alien culture to "Joni Loves Chachi".

--
Dr.Postman USPS, MBMC, BsD; "Disgruntled, But Unarmed"
Member,Board of Directors of afa-b, SKEP-TI-CULT® member
#15-51506-253. AFA-B Official Pollster.
You can email me at: DrJaiMaharajFraud(at)hotmail.com

"Prooves your a idiot!"
- Ferrt displays his brilliance