What is Circular motion ??

Old December 26th 06, 04:46 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,alt.sci.physics.new-theories,alt.sci.physics
[email protected]

Default What is Circular motion ??

What is Circular motion ??
The direction of a body's motion is constantly changing when it
moves in a circle at a steady speed.
http://www.studyandjobs.com/circular-motion.html

or for Physics learners, freshers who wants to see some easy
understandable notes...

http://www.studyandjobs.com/physics.html

regards

Old December 26th 06, 04:55 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,alt.sci.physics.new-theories,alt.sci.physics
Click here to continue

wrote:

What is Circular motion ??
The direction of a body's motion is constantly changing when it
moves in a circle at a steady speed.
http://www.studyandjobs.com/circular-motion.html

or for Physics learners, freshers who wants to see some easy
understandable notes...

http://www.studyandjobs.com/physics.html

regards

this is nothen, circular motion any children can do

what is spherical motion, that is the question

after answering this one then try what is intrinsic 4d motion

Old December 27th 06, 08:52 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,alt.sci.physics.new-theories,alt.sci.physics
Spirit of Truth

wrote in message
ps.com...
What is Circular motion ??
The direction of a body's motion is constantly changing when it
moves in a circle at a steady speed.

Does this then become an acceleration each moment to change the straight
line directional vector?

Spirit of Truth

(using June's e-mail to communicate to you)!

Old December 27th 06, 08:54 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,alt.sci.physics.new-theories,alt.sci.physics
Spirit of Truth

"Click here to continue" wrote in message
ps.com...

wrote:

What is Circular motion ??
The direction of a body's motion is constantly changing when it
moves in a circle at a steady speed.
http://www.studyandjobs.com/circular-motion.html

or for Physics learners, freshers who wants to see some easy
understandable notes...

http://www.studyandjobs.com/physics.html

regards

this is nothen, circular motion any children can do

what is spherical motion, that is the question

That was resolved to be c cubed, I believe.

Old December 27th 06, 03:36 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,alt.sci.physics.new-theories,alt.sci.physics
Mike

wrote:
What is Circular motion ??

It is rotation along a circle stupid.

Mike

Old December 27th 06, 03:52 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,alt.sci.physics.new-theories,alt.sci.physics
[email protected]

In article . com,
"Mike" wrote:

wrote:
What is Circular motion ??

It is rotation along a circle stupid.

What if the surface is based on Riemann geometry? What is a
circle then?

What if you are rotating y=x^2 around the x-axis? What
is a circular motion then? (assume Euclidean geometry;
then repeat for two other geometries.)

/BAH

Old December 28th 06, 10:29 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,alt.sci.physics.new-theories,alt.sci.physics
Spirit of Truth

"Randy Poe" wrote in message
ups.com...

Spirit of Truth wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...
What is Circular motion ??
The direction of a body's motion is constantly changing when it
moves in a circle at a steady speed.

Does this then become an acceleration each moment to change the straight
line directional vector?

Yes.

- Randy

Thanks! Then why such a hullaballoo made in the past over the concept
that light bends in a gravitational field? Surely in the M-M experiment
the travelling back and forth light had to bend with the Earth in order for
it to appear that it was going in a straight line back and forth?

from: Spirit of Truth

(using June's e-mail to communicate to you)!

Old December 28th 06, 11:53 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,alt.sci.physics.new-theories,alt.sci.physics
Randy Poe

Spirit of Truth wrote:
"Randy Poe" wrote in message
ups.com...

Spirit of Truth wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...
What is Circular motion ??
The direction of a body's motion is constantly changing when it
moves in a circle at a steady speed.

Does this then become an acceleration each moment to change the straight
line directional vector?

Yes.

Thanks! Then why such a hullaballoo made in the past over the concept
that light bends in a gravitational field?

Because Newtonian theory says gravity affects masses,
and light is massless.

Surely in the M-M experiment
the travelling back and forth light had to bend with the Earth in order for
it to appear that it was going in a straight line back and forth?

The M-M experiment has nothing to do with gravitational
bending of light. The earth doesn't have enough gravity to cause
a noticeable effect. The answer to your question is "no". The
light doesn't have to "bend with the earth to appear to be going
in a straight line back and forth".

By "bend with the earth" do you mean follow the curve
of the earth, so that it would be the same height above
the earth's surface everywhere? Light doesn't do that.

- Randy

Old December 28th 06, 12:18 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,alt.sci.physics.new-theories,alt.sci.physics
Sorcerer

"Randy Poe" wrote in message ups.com...

| Spirit of Truth wrote:
| "Randy Poe" wrote in message
| ups.com...
|
| Spirit of Truth wrote:
| wrote in message
| ps.com...
| What is Circular motion ??
| The direction of a body's motion is constantly changing when it
| moves in a circle at a steady speed.
|
| Does this then become an acceleration each moment to change the straight
| line directional vector?
|
| Yes.
|
| Thanks! Then why such a hullaballoo made in the past over the concept
| that light bends in a gravitational field?
|
| Because Newtonian theory says gravity affects masses,
| and light is massless.

Newtonian theory says light curves, just like this ball:
http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/(Gh)/gu...s/coriolis.mov

| Surely in the M-M experiment
| the travelling back and forth light had to bend with the Earth in order for
| it to appear that it was going in a straight line back and forth?
|
| The M-M experiment has nothing to do with gravitational
| bending of light. The earth doesn't have enough gravity to cause
| a noticeable effect. The answer to your question is "no". The
| light doesn't have to "bend with the earth to appear to be going
| in a straight line back and forth".
|
| By "bend with the earth" do you mean follow the curve
| of the earth, so that it would be the same height above
| the earth's surface everywhere? Light doesn't do that.

By "bend with the earth" I mean the Earth rotates, and
yes, light does curve.
That is what this is for:
http://www.phys.canterbury.ac.nz/res...er/index.shtml

Bilger and Stedman: "Sagnac effect: a century of Earth-rotated interferometers" (Am. J. Phys. November 1994, vol 62 pp 975-985).

| - Randy

What is Circular motion ?? [email protected] Astronomy Misc 1 December 16th 06 11:00 AM
Circular Time G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 9 December 31st 05 02:15 PM
Why are meteor craters so circular? Gary Helfert Technology 4 September 2nd 05 11:46 AM
Important find:when is the light wave-motion ?and when is particle-motion? xszxsz Science 0 October 28th 04 08:56 AM
Important find:when is the light wave-motion ?and when is particle-motion? xszxsz Research 0 October 27th 04 06:26 AM