Electrostatic field

Old December 26th 06, 08:33 AM posted to sci.astro
[email protected]

Default Electrostatic field

Hi,
As you know there is an electrical field around each electrostatic
charge. I know how to create an electrostatic field. But I have problem
by creating a "variable electrostatic field". Can you give me a guide?

Thanks in Advance

Old January 3rd 07, 10:42 AM posted to sci.astro
[email protected]

Thanks for your answer. But as you know, for example,in a capacitor the
electric
field exist between the electrodes(blades), or we can say it is
ristricted there. what I need is an variable electric field like what
we see in a "Van de graaff" (that is limited just from one side).
In the other word, I want to have an electric field with this
specification that I could change its intensity (variable electrostatic
field). for example in the electromagnetic fields, you can change the
field's intensity by changing the current of the coil. So do you have
any idea for the electrostatic fields?
On Dec 26 2006, 6:24 pm, "dlzc" wrote:
Dear mohammad.esmaeili:

wrote:
Hi,
As you know there is an electricalfieldaround each
electrostaticcharge.Better to say "electric charge". Saying "static" implies something

about charge motion. Common usage for "static charge" simply means
that the charge stays after you quit moving around, but it really
confuses things later on.

I know how to create anelectrostaticfield. But I have
problem by creating a "variableelectrostaticfield".
Can you give me a guide?If you apply an AC potential to a capacitor, the electricfieldbetween

the plates is variable.

If you take a charged Leyden jar, and move a magnet rapidly towards and
away from the "charging post", the leaves can be made to fluctuate...
due to a varying charge on the "leaves".

It would be better to leave the word fragment "static" out of "variable
electro(static)field", since charge motion is required to achieve
this. Even if the motion is very slight.

David A. Smith

Old January 3rd 07, 12:26 PM posted to sci.astro
Sorcerer

wrote in message ups.com...

| Thanks for your answer. But as you know, for example,in a capacitor the
| electric
| field exist between the electrodes(blades), or we can say it is
| ristricted there. what I need is an variable electric field like what
| we see in a "Van de graaff" (that is limited just from one side).
| In the other word, I want to have an electric field with this
| specification that I could change its intensity (variable electrostatic
| field).

Have one, then, if that's what you really want.

http://tinyurl.com/y2szhz

Find a couple of old TV sets on the scrap heap, take out the
LOPTs and Voltage triplers, build a bistable to reverse the field
at whatever frequency you like.
If you want me to build it for you it will cost you, I'm not cheap. shrug
I'll do it with all new components for £10,000.

Terms and conditions:
Deposit £5000, another £5000 on delivery, price subject to your specification.
Is 50,000 V acceptable?