TOO MUCH HEAT IN TALK.ORIGINS KITCHEN....

Old July 19th 05, 05:09 AM
Ed Conrad

Default TOO MUCH HEAT IN TALK.ORIGINS KITCHEN....

THIS IS AN E-MAIL I RECEIVED JUST MINUTES AGO FROM
DAVID IAIN GREIG, OMNIPOTENT MODERATOR OF TALK.ORIGINS.

========================================-

Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:59:34 -0400
From: David Iain Greig
Subject: User banned from USENET group
talk.origins
To:
, ,

Sirs:

Due to continued abusive posting behaviour to the newsgroup
talk.origins, of which I am the moderator, the user
is banned from posting to the newsgroup.

He has continued to repost multiple copies of his posts to the
newsgroup as well as use multiple From: lines, evidently to avoid
killfiles, which I consider abusive posting behaviour (since killfiles
are a necessary part of USENET).

Given Mr. Conrad's demonstrated behavioural instability in the past,
I am sending you this note as I doubt he will be able to control his
actions.

If he agrees to cease his spam posting as well as his
use of multiple From: lines, the ban will be lifted. Until such time,
he has been formally warned that he is banned from the group.
Should he attempt to evade the ban I have no problem with dropping
postings from the while verizon.net domain and IP ranges.

I regret being forced to take this step as a result of Mr. Conrad's
irrational inability to follow acceptable USENET behaviour - I
understand he has been kicked off a number of ISPs in the past,
however, so I am not suprised.

Sincerely,

--D.

--
david iain greig

moderator, talk.origins sp4 kox
http://www.ediacara.org/~greig arbor plena alouattarum

-MORE-

David Iain Greig is a dead-out liar.

He has accused me of using "multiple From: lines, evidently
to avoid killfiles, which I consider abusive posting behaviour
(since killfiles are a necessary part of USENET)."

Actually, I have only used ONE From line -- that is, in addition
to my name. That is Dr.Evil.

And the reason I began using Dr.Evil to post to talk.origins
is because Greing was rejecting all of my postings for about
eight or nine months (check the file from, say, August 2004 until,
late May or early June 2005, and you'll see no postings
of mine appeared in t.o.).

For that reason, and that reason alone, I figured I'd try a From
line, using Dr.Evil. And that's the only way I was able to again
have a posting accepted by t.o. Additionally, Dr.Evil became my
From line only a few weeks ago.

Besides, check the file for postings of mine that have appeared
in talk.origins since last August and you'll see they don't even
add up to two dozen, all in recent weeks since I became Dr.Evil.

Up Your's, David Ian Greig! Up Your's!

And, fortunately, I have the photo to prove it.

http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/SimplyMagic/sunshine.jpg

Ed Conrad
http://www.edconrad.com

200,568 (and still counting)

"Ridicule is the argument of the mob."
-- Immanuel Velikovsky

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones UK Astronomy 8 August 1st 04 09:08 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 5 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Astronomy Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla Astronomy Misc 15 July 25th 04 02:57 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla Misc 10 July 25th 04 02:57 PM