Real UFO - Sort of

Old February 8th 05, 05:38 PM

Default Real UFO - Sort of

Anyone venture a guess as to what this was?

No record on heavens-above.com.

Old February 8th 05, 05:49 PM
JohnShap

wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone venture a guess as to what this was?

No record on heavens-above.com.

Did you follow the discussion on the bulletin board suggested in the photo
caption? http://bb.nightskylive.net/asterisk/viewtopic.php?t=291 is the
link. The participants there have it pretty well down to a rockets fuel
dump: "This would appear to be a fuel dump. The AMC-16 satellite was
launched at 12:07 UT. Spacecraft separation was scheduled to occur 1:49
later (13:56 UT). I don't have the times but what followed next was the
Contamination and Collision Avoidance Maneuver (CCAM). The first photo is at
14:19 UT. Twenty-three minutes seems like a reasonable time to wait before
the fuel dump..." There are a bunch of UFO and conspiracy theory cranks who
have inflated the thread, but the simple explanation seems to satisfy most.

Old February 8th 05, 07:41 PM

Sounds good to me. It will be fun to see this turn up as evidence for
alien spacecraft and government conspiracy. I got the link off of
drudgereport.com, and the discussion had just begun. But, by
definition, it was/is a UFO.

JohnShap wrote:
oups.com...