Who the hell is Sam Wormley???

Old February 5th 05, 05:16 AM
FloridaRadio

Default Who the hell is Sam Wormley???

Who is he? I don't really care but with so many post as to him being wrong I
don't want to have him over for dinner.
Old February 5th 05, 06:19 AM
CLT

Who is he? I don't really care but with so many post as to him being wrong
don't want to have him over for dinner.

Sam is a fictitious character created by saa regulars. There is a rotation
roster, listing who has to be Sam each week. Originally the "Sam duty" was
for a one month period, but we found the onerous nature of the job required
us to cutback on the expectations. No one manages to be Sam longer than two
weeks. And, we find that by the end of the first week, they are wearing out
and do not provide the same quality during the second week. Once we realized
the exhausting nature of being a thorough Sam, we cut it back to one week
rotations.

If you carefully examine the headers, you can often trace it back and find
out who has the Sam duty in any given week. However many people take the
trouble to use a different email service for Sam posts so you can simply
match it up with their usual. And most people forward their Sam posts to the
same remailer so they will look the same. Of course, some people do not take
the same pride in being Sam for the week. If we have a slacker this week,
your post may not get any response. If it is someone diligent, they may post
that they are definitely *the* Sam Wormley. Of course, now that you are in
the know, you can ignore the Sam of the week.

As to inviting him to dinner, it depends solely on who is being Sam that
week.

Hope this helps.

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?

Are you interested in understanding optics?

************************************

Old February 5th 05, 06:27 AM
Martin R. Howell

On 05 Feb 2005 04:16:20 GMT, FloridaRadio wrote:

Who is he? I don't really care but with so many post as to him being wrong I
don't want to have him over for dinner.

Google his name and you'll find much about the man. Hint: He's got the
goods.

--
Martin R. Howell
"Photographs From the Universe of Amateur Astronomy"
Old February 5th 05, 01:48 PM
Sam Wormley

FloridaRadio wrote:
Who is he? I don't really care but with so many post as to him being wrong I
don't want to have him over for dinner.

Someone who experienced dinner with Sam, once said, "He gave me no
opportunity to share his studies. He would only, in the course of
the meal and in-between other matters, mention, as if in passing,
today the figure of the apogee of one planet, tomorrow the nodes of
another."
Old February 5th 05, 02:43 PM
FloridaRadio

This group ain't right.

I should fit right in.

Gene
Old February 5th 05, 03:23 PM
Florian

Google his name and you'll find much about the man.

Sam looks like someone i'd like to hang out with...

http://www.themusicmen.net/wormley.html

Although i do wonder why he always reposts Robert Park's "What's New"=20
column to s.a.a. One can directly access and subscribe (as i do) to=20
the column here...

http://149.28.120.22/WN/index.cfm

-Florian
Stargazing.com

Old February 5th 05, 03:37 PM
I. Schott-Sherive

A senile wannabe, armchair, proffessor of astro-physik

Old February 5th 05, 05:06 PM
Marty

Sam Wormley wrote
Someone who experienced dinner with
Sam, once said, "He gave me no =A0
opportunity to share his studies. He
would only, in the course of =A0 the meal
and in-between other matters, mention,
as if in passing, =A0 today the figure of the
apogee of one planet, tomorrow the
nodes of =A0 another."

HEY! It isn't your TURN to be Sam Wormley!
Marty

Old February 5th 05, 06:31 PM
Shawn

FloridaRadio wrote:
Who is he? I don't really care but with so many post as to him being wrong I
don't want to have him over for dinner.

Will the real Sam Wormley
Please stand up

I repeat

Will the real Sam Wormley
Please stand up

We're gonna have a problem here...

Sorry, couldn't resist. :-)

Shawn
Old February 5th 05, 09:47 PM
Tim Killian

You want some mustard with them biscuits?

FloridaRadio wrote:
This group ain't right.

I should fit right in.

Gene