Just for those of you with the smart ass 50% of the stars are notshown at night.

Old February 19th 08, 06:41 PM posted to sci.astro
Chiun

Default Just for those of you with the smart ass 50% of the stars are notshown at night.

On Feb 19, 11:14 am, "~~~AllisonWonderland~~~"
wrote:
~~~AllisonWonderland~~~:
I decided to see if I could find ANYTHING about the number of stars
decreasing and I found this on the UPI Deadwood File:

Astronomers Are Asking: Where are the stars?
August 19, 2007

In case you haven't recently been out in the middle of the night and looked
at the heavens, there is a disconcerting discovery to be had if you do. What
used to be a sky full of stars has become a sky with hardly any stars in it
at all.

Astronomers from around the world have noticed that the great number of
stars that used to be apparent have dwindled till there appears to be less
than 100, and that number may be decreasing nightly.

Dr. Edwin Barlow of the Kitt Peak Observatory offered this explanation. In a
paper published last November 22, 2006, Dr. Barlow noted that the increase
in green house gasses has probably had the effect of dispersing the light
from the stars so that what used to appear to be a starry sky is now
populated by only those few stars whose light is strong enough to make it
through the trophosphere, which is where the green house gasses are
concentrated.

Not everyone agrees with Dr. Barlow's explanation though. Harmon de Vilbis
of the Mount Palomar Observatory says that it doesn't appear to be a
dispersion of light that is causing the stars to be invisible. Rather he
explains the phenomenon as an indication that the universe is expanding
faster and faster and that many of the galaxies that used to comprise what
appeared to be the brighter stars are experiencing a "Red Shift" taking
their light into an unseeable part of the electromagnetic spectrum.

Helen Welgreen of the Flat Earth Society in the United Kingdom has yet
another explanation, and that is that the cullendar-like dome over the earth
has the holes where the light used to come through clogged with man made
debris that is the result of all of the space "junk" that has been put into
orbit.

While everyone has a theory about this disconcerting phenomenon, scientists
are beginning to seriously question the absence of starlight, and are unable
to agree on a suitable explanation.

NASA Deputy Director, Col. W. D. Philgroveington told reporters that it's
nothing to worry about. That NASA has known about this situation since 2003
when it was first noticed. When questioned about the loss of stars possibly
being due to the effects of HAARP (www.haarp.alaska.edu/) on starlight, he
refused to elaborate or take any further questions on that subject, citing
the extreme secrecy of the HAARP project, and saying that he was not
authorized to comment on that particular government program. When asked what
the government was doing about this unusual turn of events, he replied: "We
are in the process of investigating the cause, and a report will be given to
a joint session of Congress in 2010. In the mean time, Congress is being
asked to fund the study of this phenomenon with a 30 billion dollar
appropriation attached to the National Science Foundation Grant program.

Rev. Pat Robertson also weighed in on this subject and said, when asked
about this condition, that the Bible warns that at the "End of Days" the
stars will fall from the heavens, and darkness will envelope the earth, and
then will be revealed the returned Savior. When asked to elaborate on when
this might happen, Rev. Robertson said "No man knows the day or the hour."

Still if you happen to be outside at night and the sky is clear, you might
take a look at the few stars that are left. The number is continually
dwindling, and there may come a time when even the moon will disappear.

Tremain Calliber
United Press International

~~~AW~~~:--
So I guess I owe the GooRoo an apology for pooh poohing his observation. And
now we'll never hear the end of it probably. GAWD, I hate it when this
happens.

******************SPV......This article sounds so stupid you might of
wrote it. But let's take it for what it is worth. If this is the
case then Allison, when you go out at night you look at a clear sky
and you see what? Why you must have not seen the stars like I said
but here we are two ****ing years later and you find some article that
you might have written yourself and now you want to apologize? What
did you see when you looked for the stars Allison. What have you been
hiding? You know from looking that the stars are not there.