Erroneous UTC Maintained by Timing Labs due to Mix-Up betweenRelativistic and Absolute Time

Old November 23rd 13, 04:43 PM posted to sci.astro
GSS

Default Erroneous UTC Maintained by Timing Labs due to Mix-Up betweenRelativistic and Absolute Time

Under the prevailing paradigm Relativity has ruled out or abandoned the Newtonian notions of absolute time and absolute spatial distances. Basically, the time measured by all precision clocks is the Newtonian absolute time.. But Albert Einstein introduced a different notion of time in his 1905 paper, "...We have not defined a common 'time' for A and B, for the latter cannot be defined at all unless we establish by definition that the 'time' required by light to travel from A to B equals the 'time' it requires to travel from B to A". The 'common time' thus defined in Relativity is not the absolute but relativistic time and this definition formed the basis for Einstein synchronization convention or simply the 'e-synchronization' of clocks.

This arbitrary definition of 'common' or relativistic time constitutes a fundamental departure from the Newtonian notion of absolute time. Of course, this departure was required to support the assumed isotropy of light speed c in all inertial reference frames like ECI frame. When the clocks at two spatially separated points A and B are adjusted or set to the relativistic time, it will ensure that the time interval measured for the light to travel from A to B will be equal to the time interval measured for the light to travel from B to A. In other words, if a group of identical clocks are adjusted or set to the relativistic time then the light speed measured with such clocks will always be isotropic. Reversing the argument, if precision time of a standard clock is distributed to a group of identical clocks through light (or EM) signals by assuming light speed isotropy in the chosen reference frame, then the time thus transferred to these clocks will be relativistic time and not the absolute time.

Therefore, under the assumed isotropy of light speed in ECI frame, relativistic time gets distributed to the global Timing Labs by e-synchronous time transfer through satellite communication, whereas the aim was to distribute an absolute time. The absolute synchronization offset between two e-synchronized master clocks at two distant timing Labs can be physically measured with an appropriate portable clock and such measurements can in fact be used to determine the unknown absolute velocity of earth. In this regard my latest paper titled, "Erroneous UTC Maintained by Timing Labs due to Mix-Up between Relativistic and Absolute Time", is just published in APPLIED PHYSICS RESEARCH (doi:10.5539/apr.v5n6p83).
http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index...ew/29541/18416

The root cause of differing viewpoints between supporters and opponents of Relativity is the assumed isotropy of light speed in all inertial reference frames and specifically in the ECI frame. Without such assumed isotropy of light speed even the mathematical abstraction of 4D Minkowski spacetime or the non-Euclidean spacetime of GR would not be possible. The sole purpose of my above cited paper is to highlight the measurable physical effects of the assumed isotropy of light speed in ECI frame.

As a follow up of my paper, I expect BIPM and some other prominent Timing Labs to accept the necessity of physically checking the absolute synchronization offset between master clocks at distant Timing Labs with appropriate portable clocks. I am not proposing to use the portable precision atomic clocks for synchronizing distant clocks as was done thirty years ago.
http://tf.boulder.nist.gov/general/pdf/82.pdf

I am only suggesting to use such portable clocks for time (phase) comparison between distant clocks which have already been e-synchronized with great precision through satellite communication. The purpose is to physically demonstrate the measurable time (phase) offsets (of more than 1000 ns) between the master clocks at distant Timing Labs, induced by the assumed isotropy of light speed in ECI frame.

I therefore, request you to kindly impress upon the concerned authorities in the global Timing network, in whatever way you possibly can, to accept the necessity of checking the timing offsets between master clocks with appropriate portable clocks.

GSS

Ken Seto and absolute time. Koobee Wublee Astronomy Misc 4 September 1st 11 08:03 PM
Timing (Not TiME) dilates. brian a m stuckless Policy 0 April 8th 06 10:36 AM
Timing (Not TiME) dilates. brian a m stuckless Astronomy Misc 0 April 8th 06 10:36 AM
Re; absolute time Oriel36 Research 0 June 13th 04 07:40 PM
Absolute and relative time Jonathan Silverlight Research 1 June 12th 04 11:04 AM