NGC 7000 One-Shot Color vs. RGB

Old November 28th 04, 04:29 PM
Dennis Persyk

Default NGC 7000 One-Shot Color vs. RGB

I am fortunate to have on loan to me two StarlightXpress cameras, the
SXV-H9 and SXV-H9C. They are identical except that the H9 is
monochrome and the H9C is one-shot color. I have been experimenting
with both on the same scope/piggyback camera lens and targets.

On my New Images page I illustrate the images I obtained with the two
cameras using a $40 used Pentax 50 mm lens at f/5.6. One is one-shot
color, the other is RGB, Take a look at the comparison images and draw
your own conclusions.

Note that you don't need an expensive scope –or any scope at all -- to
take astrophotos. (But I will concede that a more expensive camera and
mount help considerably!)

Comparison mages at
http://home.att.net/~dpersyk/new.htm

My sincere thanks to Jeff Terry http://mrmac.mr.aps.anl.gov/~astronut/
for the loan of the cameras and for initial processing the H9C image
with his custom Mac software http://www.iccd.us/ .

Thank you for visiting my site. Feedback always welcomed.

Clear skies,

Dennis Persyk
Igloo Observatory Home Page http://dpersyk.home.att.net
Hampshire, IL
Old December 1st 04, 05:14 PM
justbeats

(Dennis Persyk) wrote in message . com...

Comparison mages at
http://home.att.net/~dpersyk/new.htm

Thanks for posting this Dennis, a useful comparison that I was unable
to find when I had to choose between the two. Thankfully, I chose the
H9...

Cheers
Beats