tap tap

Old June 6th 12, 03:28 PM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Default tap tap

Are these groups till updating. Also see news has stalled.

Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!

Old June 7th 12, 05:58 AM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Its interesting though that I don't see any spam just low traffic which for
those who did not realise was the reason for this thread in the first place.
the main reason I prefer this mode is that its a textual standard interface
through a client. Web based systems are all different and often over clogged
with worthless repeating links and widgets so finding any useful content is
just far too much trouble. Yes, I'm in fact saying the opposite to you. to
me the signal to noise ratio of web sites is far worse than here because you
have no control. Here you can killfile things and filter, but you can only
get rid of adverts on web sites not the mindless like this or plus that and
daft animated crap that passes for good design these days.
Brian

Email:

"Greg (Strider) Moore" wrote in message
"Jeff Findley" wrote in message

says...

Great, that is my aim.
Actually its working.

Seems like Brian has lost it. Oh well.

I think it's getting close to the time to abandon Usenet once and for
all. The signal to noise ratio is quite dismal these days. It's been a
good run for me at more than 24 years.

It's a shame too.

And I just re-upped my account so I could continue to moderate
sci.space.tech and sci.space.science, but probably won't in the coming
year.

Jeff

--
Greg D. Moore
http://greenmountainsoftware.wordpress.com/

Old June 7th 12, 03:08 PM posted to sci.space.station
Jeff Findley[_2_]

In article ,
says...

Its interesting though that I don't see any spam just low traffic which for
those who did not realise was the reason for this thread in the first place.
the main reason I prefer this mode is that its a textual standard interface
through a client. Web based systems are all different and often over clogged
with worthless repeating links and widgets so finding any useful content is
just far too much trouble. Yes, I'm in fact saying the opposite to you. to
me the signal to noise ratio of web sites is far worse than here because you
have no control. Here you can killfile things and filter, but you can only
get rid of adverts on web sites not the mindless like this or plus that and
daft animated crap that passes for good design these days.

Sorry, but most websites seem to prefer presentation over content.
ARocket email list is a notable exception. I've been subscribed to it
for several years now, although it's focus is rather narrow.

I participated in the NASA Spaceflight forums (mostly the Ares and
"alternatives" forums) for quite some time, but dropped that once it
became clear that NASA was going to completely botch its chance to ditch
Ares V in favor of a smaller, cheaper, more Jupiter like launch vehicle.
The current HLV disgusts me, so I don't even bother participating in
those forums anymore.

Since SpaceX is private, there isn't a lot to publicly discuss, so I'm
not interested in spending a lot of my time in the NASA Spaceflight
forum for Falcon or Dragon.

Jeff
--
" Ares 1 is a prime example of the fact that NASA just can't get it
up anymore... and when they can, it doesn't stay up long. "
Old June 13th 12, 04:48 PM posted to sci.space.station
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

Folks are always welcome to try posting to sci.space.tech and
sci.space.science. I try to have an even-handed moderation policy. I try
to moderate on content alone, NOT the poster.