Observatory For Sale

Old June 20th 05, 12:03 PM

To JATO

I understand where you are coming from but why dump astronomical data
in the direction of theorists who have made a career out of turning
that data into sci-fi.Lately,humanity does not care to listen to
novelty for you can only try to shock people for so long before they
tire of it and many people do care enough about their home planet to
try and make astronomy and geology mesh into a single picture.

Assuming that you are a decent individual with a little concern for
what direction the data takes, even if you are indifferent,surely you
would not consider the use of astronomical terms and methods to support
a 1898 fictional novel that was passed off in 1905 as a revolution in
understanding space,time and motion.

http://www.bartleby.com/1000/1.html

You probably assume that Well's literary device to support fictional
time travel is a quaint bending to suit his sci-fi purposes but he
makes no pretenses to making the reader believe that it is anything
other than fiction yet Albert does -

http://www.bartleby.com/173/17.html

As much as I have to say in condemnation there is far more to do with
meshing life on the planet with astronomy and geology and both with
each other .Anyone and I mean anyone can enjoy the usefullness of the
astronomical observation of differential rotation seen on the Sun and
other planets and then apply it to the Earth's fluid layer beneath the
crustal segments as a means to explain the Equatorial bulge and
subsequently the affects on component plates.

http://www.astronomynotes.com/starsun/sun-rotation.gif

This is just one productive example of what astronomical data can do
and emerges out of an accurate account of the Earth's rotation and the
satifaction from not trying to bluff and bluster and being sincere
where others are not.

The other option is to continue to make astronomy remote from other
disciplines such as geology and remote from humanity by fostering the
development of mathematicval celebrity rather than the material itself
for many have heard of Newton and Albert without knowing what they
did,the former began astronomical framehopping and the latter expanded
it to homocentricity where there is nowhere left to go.

I am a Christian and cannot tolerate insincerity and fear nothing but
mediocrity however the empirical tinsel that wraps asdtronomical terms
into novelistic concepts and presents them to humanity as an
achievement is one of the cruellest things imaginable,not just for the
sake of our ancestors but for future generations who will be denied
appreciation of the Copernican/Keplerian heliocentricity but also the
ability to step up to the motion of the solar system about the even
greater axis of Milky Way motion,something you cannot do with
constellations and a celestial sphere.

I will say nothing of an isolation among contemporaries that can be
difficult to bear as a working ground for so many avenues even if it is
simple to bypass Newtonian empiricism to get back to Roemer's insight
but as all major institutions prop up Newton's cartoon astronomical
perspective it is unfortunately clear that an individual has to
struggle unecessarily to come to a more accurate picture of planetary
motion and I don't know many who are willingly to go through the
ordeal.It is worth it but then again even if successes are private they
often appear as public failures.

Old June 21st 05, 12:03 AM
-JATO

Are you serious?

-JATO
http://jatobservatory.org

Old June 21st 05, 10:49 AM

To JATO

Again,I am content to leave you believing that you are astronomers
while you continue to support the astronomical basis for a 1898
fictional work by H.G. Wells.Nobody has spoken against the Newtonian
basis of this exotic nonsense which in turn is based on a simple error
arising from the cataloguer Flamsteed

"'Now, it is very remarkable that this is so extensively
overlooked,' continued the Time Traveller, with a slight accession of
cheerfulness. 'Really this is what is meant by the Fourth Dimension,
though some people who talk about the Fourth Dimension do not know they
mean it. It is only another way of looking at Time. There is no
difference between time and any of the three dimensions of space except
that our consciousness moves along it. But some foolish people have got
hold of the wrong side of that idea. You have all heard what they have
to say about this Fourth Dimension?'"

http://www.bartleby.com/1000/1.html

Are you serious ?.

Old June 21st 05, 10:50 AM
Jim

In article . com, wrote:
To JATO

Again,I am content to leave you believing that you are astronomers

If that were the case you'd stop posting this drivel.

Jim
--
Find me at
http://www.ursaMinorBeta.co.uk
Old June 21st 05, 11:48 PM
-JATO

On 21 Jun 2005 02:49:49 -0700, wrote:

To JATO

Again,I am content to leave you believing that you are astronomers

Ok,.. then take your medication and go be content ...somewhere else.
Old June 22nd 05, 10:39 AM

To JATO

You are indeed an elite bunch of people,you are so elite and isolated
that you can now be identified using one known fact and how you get it
wrong -

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/1999/JennyChen.shtml

How does it feel to find yourself on a level worse than creationism ?.

Old June 22nd 05, 11:44 PM
-JATO

On 22 Jun 2005 02:39:22 -0700, wrote:

To JATO

You are indeed an elite bunch of people,you are so elite and isolated
that you can now be identified using one known fact and how you get it
wrong -

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/1999/JennyChen.shtml

How does it feel to find yourself on a level worse than creationism ?.

Does your mother know you are playing on the computer?
If so, then it is clearly obvious that you have the same mental issues as
that as escaped lunatic Min. I suggest you look for someone in your
neighborhood that might consider subjecting you to shock treatment. I
image your neighbors would be lining up to do so. This of course assumes
you can find a pair of pants and a shirt. Just because you sit in front of
your computer in your underwear doesn't mean you should go outside that
way.

Ta ta