Falcon9/Dragon launch delayed by one week

Old April 25th 12, 07:43 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
snidely

Default Falcon9/Dragon launch delayed by one week

Jochem Huhmann speculated:
JF Mezei writes:

Alan Erskine wrote:

WASHINGTON -- In response to SpaceX's announcement that it has delayed
launch of its Falcon 9 rocket and Dragon spacecraft from April 30 to
May 7, NASA issued the following statement from Associate

Makes it look like NASA had nothing to do with the decision and is
merely reacting to it.

Nice article over at

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2012/...nch-date-slip/

(s.s.station added, as ISS is the target ... and Dragon isn't an STS)

Nice bit in that article:
quote
“There’s certainly range conflicts, there’s always range conflicts.
There are some beta cut outs for the Space Station, there are some
ground rules constraint cut outs where we don’t want a Soyuz vehicle
and a Dragon vehicle exactly on top of each other – we’ve got to get
one activity completed before we start the next one,” added Ms Ridings.

“The Dragon has some constraints for its recovery, where for this
demonstration flight they’d like to land in daylight for the recovery
operations. So there are multiple constraints on the table that we need
to line up to optimize a launch window for this demonstration mission.”
/quote

/dps

--
Who, me? And what lacuna?