gratitude etc. (was Apollo: One gas environment?)

Old May 14th 04, 04:23 AM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"Dale" wrote in message
On Fri, 14 May 2004 01:41:44 GMT, "Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)"
wrote:

And once you realize that, you have to think about what they add to I

think
it's Miller which is in clear bottles.

Why? It's not drinkable anyway...

Some seem to think it is.

I'm not much of a drinker, but I can accurately say that I don't think any
"major" American brand has passed my lips.

Dale

Old May 14th 04, 05:18 AM
Neil Gerace

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
"Coming up next...it's the 'Attilla the Hun' Show!"

OM

Attila believed in One Man, One Vote. He was the Man, and he had the Vote.

Old May 14th 04, 05:29 AM
Scott Lowther

OM wrote:

On Fri, 14 May 2004 02:06:16 GMT, Scott Lowther
wrote:

Sheesh. People get peeved because I tend to talk off-newsgroup-topic
about the current global war we're in... but here you've got a
discussion going about Teddy Kennedy's hygiene habits.

...Which are far more tolerable than his mating habits, natch.

He mates aquatically, like a frog.

--
Scott Lowther, Engineer
Remove the obvious (capitalized) anti-spam
Old May 14th 04, 05:42 AM
Mary Shafer

On Thu, 13 May 2004 18:42:31 -0600, OM
om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org
wrote:

...Guys, keep in mind that the sole reason US mainstream beer is
weaker than the rest of the world's brew supply has to do with federal
and state alcohol regulations that keep mass-consumption beer at their
currently FNW alcohol levels. Above a certain level they're required
to be sold in liquor stores under a more controlled environment, and
taxed differently. If beer had twice the alcohol it currently does, it
wouldn't be sold at the supermarket, and would probably cost three
times what it does now.

Why? My supermarket sells hard liquor, malt beverages, and beer; the
only difference is that the booze isn't in a cooler.

Mary

Old May 14th 04, 06:12 AM
OM

wrote:

Sheesh. People get peeved because I tend to talk off-newsgroup-topic
about the current global war we're in... but here you've got a
discussion going about Teddy Kennedy's hygiene habits.

....Which are far more tolerable than his mating habits, natch.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 14th 04, 06:14 AM
OM

On Fri, 14 May 2004 01:08:08 GMT, Scott Lowther
wrote:

Doug... wrote:

*Of course, everyone on this ng who's politically somewhere to the right
of Attila the Hun, which seems to be a damn large number these days,
probably has *me* killfiled now, too, for being a dirty ****ing nig...
er, liberal ...

You know, that last little joke say far more about the mindset of
liberals than it does about those to the right of Attila the Hun.

Old May 14th 04, 06:16 AM
OM

On Fri, 14 May 2004 00:41:07 GMT, Doug...
wrote:

You know I almost always trim my quotes... I just figured that there may
be people who have you killfiled(*) who might like to have seen your
excellent recap of illegal orders.

....Ok, I'll buy that one, Doug. But next time, *please* wipe that
lipstick off before you kiss my butt like that :-) :-) :-)

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 14th 04, 06:16 AM
Scott Hedrick

"Keith F. Lynch" wrote in message
Here in Virginia, and presumably in many other places, that's not
true. Wearing a mask is a crime. (Unless you're at a costume party,
or in extreme cold weather, or have a good medical reason.)

Or Michael Jackson, apparently...

Old May 14th 04, 07:37 AM
OM

On Thu, 13 May 2004 21:42:22 -0700, Mary Shafer
wrote:

Why? My supermarket sells hard liquor, malt beverages, and beer; the
only difference is that the booze isn't in a cooler.

....I'm basing this on Texas law, I should have noted. Your DWI may
vary depending on the state you're in.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 14th 04, 12:45 PM
Herb Schaltegger

wrote:

...Guys, keep in mind that the sole reason US mainstream beer is
weaker than the rest of the world's brew supply has to do with federal
and state alcohol regulations that keep mass-consumption beer at their
currently FNW alcohol levels. Above a certain level they're required
to be sold in liquor stores under a more controlled environment, and
taxed differently. If beer had twice the alcohol it currently does, it
wouldn't be sold at the supermarket, and would probably cost three
times what it does now.

Why? My supermarket sells hard liquor, malt beverages, and beer; the
only difference is that the booze isn't in a cooler.

Mary

It was that way in Alabama, too, when I lived in Huntsville about ten+
years ago. Here in TN, liquor stores can't sell beer per se (but the
flavored malt liquors and such seem to be okay), nor can convenience and
grocery stores with beer permits get liquor licenses. You end up with
one of the greatest, best-stocked liquor stores on the planet (Frugal
Macdougal's in Nashville), split by a wall down the middle. You go in
one side, select your poison du jour, go through the line to pay, then
go out the front door, make an immediate right, and go into the beer
side. Repeat. How stupid is that?

--
Herb Schaltegger, B.S., J.D.
Reformed Aerospace Engineer

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Misc 6 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge UK Astronomy 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla Misc 10 July 25th 04 02:57 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla UK Astronomy 11 July 25th 04 02:57 PM