Company that makes shuttle toilet parts also makes kazoos

Old July 25th 03, 05:10 AM
Dale

Default Company that makes shuttle toilet parts also makes kazoos

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:41:31 -0700, Rusty Barton wrote:

The first is parts for the space shuttle's toilet. Then Hubbard
approached him about four months ago about kazoos. Now, Ven-Tel uses a
3,500-pound tool that pops out 12 kazoo components in under 40
seconds..........."

Insert rude sound here. ;-)

Yeah, I was imagining an astronaut on the toilet, harmonizing with his/her own
flatulence with the kazoo. No automated robotic spacecraft can do that, damnit.

Dale

Old July 25th 03, 05:41 AM
Rusty Barton

Company that makes shuttle toilet parts also makes kazoos-

Kazoo capital of the United States

St.Petersburg Times - Florida
By MELIA BOWIE, Times Staff Writer
published July 24, 2003

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/07/24/Pa..._of_the_.shtml

10th paragraph down the page:

"......That company is a medical manufacturer that also does injection
molding for the defense industry, automobiles and electronics. Now it
does kazoos, too.

"We make two very unique things," said Steven Meitzen, Ven-Tel vice
president for sales and manufacturing.

--
Rusty Barton - Antelope, California |"Every so often, I like to
Old July 25th 03, 06:49 AM
cndc

Rusty writes:

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/07/24/Pa..._of_the_.shtml

10th paragraph down the page:

"......That company is a medical manufacturer that also does
injection molding for the defense industry, automobiles and
electronics. Now it does kazoos, too.

"We make two very unique things," said Steven Meitzen, Ven-Tel vice
president for sales and manufacturing.

The first is parts for the space shuttle's toilet. Then Hubbard
approached him about four months ago about kazoos. Now, Ven-Tel uses
a 3,500-pound tool that pops out 12 kazoo components in under 40
seconds..........."

They're an injection mold manufacturing company. I've worked at one of
these places before and helped make garbage cans. Its pretty neat to
watch but, quite frankly, this isn't surprising or particularly weird.

Elizabeth
Old July 25th 03, 07:14 AM
Dale

On 25 Jul 2003 00:49:15 -0500, cndc wrote:

They're an injection mold manufacturing company. I've worked at one of
these places before and helped make garbage cans. Its pretty neat to
watch but, quite frankly, this isn't surprising or particularly weird.

Those molds are mighty expensive to make. I wonder how many
kazoos it takes before they start making a profit, compared to
shuttle toilet parts?

Dale