Thank you, anti-SV folks!

Old August 18th 03, 09:22 PM
Pierre Vandevenne

Default Thank you, anti-SV folks!

atcaca (RichardN22) wrote in
:

I agree with Jon. If you're going to quote something, you need to
give a source.

The source is so extremely easy to find with google that it is not worth
asking, imho

http://minilien.com/?elDpclVfeO

(no disrespect to Jon, he is indeed one of the most agreable fellows around
here)

Yes, this is a newsgroup, but you do need credibility.

Some of the undoubtly most technically competent posters here have
virtually zero credibility for anything else but a very narrow field.

Please note that the whole thing began because pro-SV lack credibility in
anti-SV people's eyes and vice versa.

There are plenty of nuts spewing goofy opinions. If you're giving
facts, you need to support them or you're going to get raked over the
coals around here.

Hey, that is why it's good to be out there.

--
Pierre Vandevenne - DataRescue - www.datarescue.com
Home of the IDA Pro Disassembler - leader in hostile code analysis

Old August 18th 03, 10:27 PM
Brian A

Hi Jon,
You are wright in one repect. Providing a link would have been easy to do
and would have apparently illiminated a lot of unforsen confusion. Lesson
learned.

As far as intent, I can see why you may have felt the way you did but in all
honesty, it just was not a hot topic for me. I was really just trying to
share some info.

Most inportantly, I'll be glad to let this debate end peacefully. As I said,
you seem like a good guy and I look forward to continue reading your posts
on saa.

Clear Skies
Brian A

Old August 19th 03, 02:17 AM
Jon Isaacs

Most inportantly, I'll be glad to let this debate end peacefully. As I said,
you seem like a good guy and I look forward to continue reading your posts
on saa.

Clear Skies
Brian A

I will be more than glad to join you in ending this debate/discussion
peacefully, are rare thing ending indeed. I also look forward to reading your
posts on S.A.A.

Best wishes

jon

Old September 4th 03, 05:16 PM
lal_truckee

Default Information for buyers of goods from Ukraine

Scott Milner wrote:

I have seen some people on Astromart pass up a perfectly immaculate
eyepiece, for a great price, because of a tiny barrel mark. I buy
eyepieces, filters, etc to actually use, not to display as a collection
in a glass case on the coffee table. There are quite a few items selling
on Astromart for MORE than original cost because someone wants that
particular piece and can't buy new because they aren't made any more.
Such as the Orion 10.5mm Megavista, and for awhile, the Lumicon UHC
filters. I saw one 1.25" UHC sell for $145. Lots of AP APO's sell for
more than cost because of the waiting list.

It is strange, isn't it. Astromart buyers are buying a used astro
products, for use in the field viewing the heavens presumably; yet an
original box is important? What's up with that?

Old September 4th 03, 08:41 PM
Jon Isaacs

It is strange, isn't it. Astromart buyers are buying a used astro
products, for use in the field viewing the heavens presumably; yet an
original box is important? What's up with that?

Interesting, some how the original box adds something to the completeness of
the sale. I have a couple of thoughts as to its possible meaning:

1. Anyone who was careful enough and organized enough to save the original box
is likely to have taken pretty good care of the eyepiece.

2. The original box makes the eyepiece seem more "new." One can always think,
"It really is new, the guy never used it."

3. Its like Enhanced SCT coatings, most of the justification seems to be "It
will retain its value better.

Jon