Printing slides(2)

Old January 10th 05, 09:39 AM
C. Balci

Default Printing slides(2)

Hello,

Thanks for all your replies. A few questions to clarify the issues.

OG says,
If I'm reading you correctly, you have used slide film rather than
having a strip of negatives - is that right?

In which case I would suggest you cut and self-mount them yourself.

You can then hand the mounted negatives in to be printed.

I recall an astrophotography weekend back in '85/86 for Halley's

Comet
where one of the two slide films we managed to take was spoiled by
having each of the images cut exactly in half as they were mounted.

;-(

Yes, I have a single roll, not strips. Film is uncut. You say, get the
prints from the mounted slides. What about unmounted ones?

Mike says,
It should be possible to get good prints from mounted slides but for

best
results the unmounted frames are better as the negative is flatter in

the
enlarger.

Mike, do you mean if a cut the film into single frames, i can get the
prints with the frames unmounted?

Kind regards,

Balci.
Old January 11th 05, 12:20 AM
OG

"C. Balci" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

Thanks for all your replies. A few questions to clarify the issues.

OG says,
If I'm reading you correctly, you have used slide film rather than
having a strip of negatives - is that right?

In which case I would suggest you cut and self-mount them yourself.

You can then hand the mounted negatives in to be printed.

I recall an astrophotography weekend back in '85/86 for Halley's

Comet
where one of the two slide films we managed to take was spoiled by
having each of the images cut exactly in half as they were mounted.

;-(

Yes, I have a single roll, not strips. Film is uncut. You say, get the
prints from the mounted slides. What about unmounted ones?

I've no experience of unmounted; but if you are going to a commercial
processor for printing they will definitely be used to printing from
mounted slides but not necessarily from unmounted *single* frames.
Personally I would advise finding the best film/print processor in your
area - preferably one that does professional grade work - somewhere
where you can speak to a technician and take advice.

Best of luck

Owen

Of course there is also the option of buying a scanner with a film
handler . . .