An Unusual "Cloud" on Tuesday Evening, November 21

Old November 23rd 06, 05:11 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Dave Mitsky

Default An Unusual "Cloud" on Tuesday Evening, November 21

While observing from a dark site in central Pennsylvania on Tuesday
night, my observing buddy and I noticed what we first took to be an
auroral glow in the southeast at approximately 6:30 p.m. EST (23:30
UT). It was a green or blue-green amorphous glow with a brighter
central "ray" that slowly expanded and eventually dissipated about 15
minutes later.

The event was also witnessed by two other very reliable observers from
two other locations in the state.

Does anyone know if there was a vapor release experiment or a rocket
fuel dump that night? I haven't been successful in discovering any
information on the event to this point.

Dave Mitsky