Gravity and magnetism

Old April 9th 07, 09:32 PM posted to sci.astro
A J K

Default Gravity and magnetism

What are the definitions of both forces as we know today? Can a rotating
galaxy create a magnetosphere? Can gravity
and magnetism work together and hold a galaxy together? Is dark energy real
or just a type
of magnetism/gravity thing? Cursing and sick replies unwanted. Thanks for
scientific replies.

Old April 9th 07, 10:59 PM posted to sci.astro
dlzc

Dear A J K:

On Apr 9, 1:32 pm, "A J K" wrote:
What are the definitions of both forces as we know today?

magnetism: the curvature of spacetime due to "net charge motion".
gravitation: the curvature of spacetime due to the presence of mass.

Can a rotating galaxy create a magnetosphere?

I don't see why not.

Can gravity and magnetism work together and hold
a galaxy together?

Magnetism is unlikely in the long term. Charge imbalance sufficient
to assist in a temporary "grip" will rapidly disperse.

Is dark energy real or just a type of magnetism /
gravity thing?

It describes observations that we make. "Real" or not remains to be
seen.

http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/cosmo_04.htm
.... down to the last paragraph

http://www.jb.man.ac.uk/mru2007/rationale.html