News - Play through at NASA golf course turns ugly

Old October 30th 06, 08:43 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_4_]

Default News - Play through at NASA golf course turns ugly

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 14:58:35 GMT, h (Rand
Simberg) wrote:

...And here I thought you were just against a lame nu-metal band
getting rich off of hawking veiled Xtian lamentations as rock & roll.

Well, OK...that, too.

....Oh, believe me, we reach on this one, Herbert. The toad who founded
Creed is now swearing on a stack of Bibbles that the band's music was
"never about God or Jesus or religion at all". However, if you read
the lyrics, it's pretty obvious that he's lying through his teeth on
that one. He did what the Xtian musicians would give their private
parts to pull off even 1/1000th as successfully: sell hosannas, psalms
and prayers wrapped in pop music to the heathens without them becoming
one bit wiser that they've just been procy...prosi...oh, frack it,
*converted*.

Remember, God and I are on a first-name basis these days, and even
*He* agrees that this was a pretty droll scam on Creed's part. Don't
be surprised if they all wind up in Hell, playing nothing but off-key
hillbilly music for all eternity as the opening act for Billy Ray
Cyrus...

OM
--
] OMBlog -