ASTRO: NGC 4731/4775 (galaxies in Virgo)

Old March 27th 12, 10:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: NGC 4731/4775 (galaxies in Virgo)

My last post seems to have landed in nirvana, so I'll try again:

My news-provider seems to have quit it's job so I was offline for some time
(at least from newsgroups), but I had an old volume based account with
another provider that I re-activated, so I can post here again.

NGC 4731/4775 are the main galaxies in this image, but there are some
interacting galaxies near the center, some dwarfs and a handful of distant
galaxy clusters to complement them. This is the last of my "large" pictures
from Namibia before the Atik 383 was damaged. Some more "small" pictures
with my SXV-H9 still wait to be processed.

Date 29.05.2011
Object NGC 4731/4775
Optics ASA 12" Astrograph bei 1069mm Brennweite
Camera Atik 383 L+, Baader LRGB filters
Exposure 20x5m L, 6x5m RGB each
Mount/Guiding ASA DDM85, guidescope, Lodestar, AA5
Location Namibia Tivoli

http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp6/4731-4775colourgut.jpg

Stefan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4731-4775colourgut.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	749.6 KB
ID:	4018
Old March 28th 12, 07:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Very nice. 4731, the integral sign galaxy -- better than any Arp gave
that class to -- has been on my Arp like to-do list for a long time now
but every time I go to do it seeing at -6 degrees is poor. Even at its
best I couldn't duplicate what you got. Just don't have seeing that good.

Just realized that camera on that scope gives almost exactly the same
resolution I get when binned 2x2. My field however is smaller at my 3x+
focal length. That camera is a good match to that scope. Sorry it
seems to hate Namibia.

Rick

On 3/27/2012 4:32 PM, Stefan Lilge wrote:
My last post seems to have landed in nirvana, so I'll try again:

My news-provider seems to have quit it's job so I was offline for some time
(at least from newsgroups), but I had an old volume based account with
another provider that I re-activated, so I can post here again.

NGC 4731/4775 are the main galaxies in this image, but there are some
interacting galaxies near the center, some dwarfs and a handful of distant
galaxy clusters to complement them. This is the last of my "large" pictures
from Namibia before the Atik 383 was damaged. Some more "small" pictures
with my SXV-H9 still wait to be processed.

Date 29.05.2011

--
Prefix is correct. Domain is arvig dot net