March Equinox 2016

Old March 4th 16, 10:02 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default March Equinox 2016

On Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 5:51:48 PM UTC, wrote:

This means exactly the same as when you say "At the North pole in a few weeks it will be polar dawn where the Sun appears once on the Equinox as that location is carried around in a circle to the central Sun by the orbital behavior of the Earth. "

At least you are not an academic and don't stand in front of students which is ,I suppose, a relief.

You announced to the forum that there are 366 1/4 rotations per orbital circuit which means you can't handle the fact that your location turns through the circle of illumination this morning, where the stars disappear and the Sun comes into view with each rotation. If you can't handle the cause of the Sun coming into view due to daily rotation you are hardly going to handle the fact that the Sun will come into view at the North pole in a few weeks as that location turns through the circle of illumination as a function of its orbital motion -

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...precession.svg

I know it must be difficult for you to believe that the Sun does appear at the polar latitude and remains in view for 6 months until that location turns back through the circle of illumination but I am certain students will enjoy the idea and take to it straight away.

You are still trying to justify the tilting circle of illumination and the celestial sphere explanation where the circle of illumination 'touches' the North and South poles but that now is a distraction coming from minds who have lost common sense and intelligence. If you can explain why the Sun comes into view at the North pole in a few weeks by others means then be my guest but you will always play student until you actually come to understand the surface rotation behind it.

Old March 4th 16, 10:41 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Friday, March 4, 2016 at 10:02:19 AM UTC, oriel36 wrote:
If you can explain why the Sun comes into view at the North pole in a few weeks by others means then be my guest

Since you seem to like cartoon explanations:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth's_orbit#/media/File:North_season.jpg
Old March 4th 16, 11:23 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Friday, March 4, 2016 at 10:41:51 AM UTC, wrote:
On Friday, March 4, 2016 at 10:02:19 AM UTC, oriel36 wrote:
If you can explain why the Sun comes into view at the North pole in a few weeks by others means then be my guest

Since you seem to like cartoon explanations:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth's_orbit#/media/File:North_season.jpg

No son, the explanation for behind the appearance of the Sun in a few weeks at the Northern polar latitude and why it will remain in view for 6 months until is disappears from view is a specific requirement to discuss the seasons. By virtue that the polar latitudes will be seen to turn through the circle of illumination and parallel to the orbital plane now only exists for the Earth in graphical form however, by interpreting time lapse of Uranus, the cause and effect actually exists in real time -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=612gSZsplpE

What these past few days represent in a modern version of intransigence that Galileo encountered as he offered his contemporaries a look through his telescope to affirm the system based on a moving Earth -

"My dear Kepler, I wish that we might laugh at the remarkable stupidity of the common herd. What do you have to say about the principal philosophers of this academy who are filled with the stubbornness of an asp and do not want to look at either the planets, the moon or the telescope, even though I have freely and deliberately offered them the opportunity a thousand times? Truly, just as the asp stops its ears, so do these philosophers shut their eyes to the light of truth " Galileo

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...precession.svg

I will certainly abide by the graphical representation on the North pole as it appears to observers in respect to the Sun and its passage through the circle of illumination while at the same time you unfortunate will no longer be able to deal with the flawed notion of 'axial precession' in graphical terms.

An intelligent person has the actual time lapse footage in front of them and simply applies the observation to the Earth's Northern and South polar latitudes as they turn through the circle of illumination in a few weeks -

http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/arc...1999/11/video/

You either recognize what is behind the appearance of the Sun on the Equinox at the North polar surface point of you don't based on actual observations of a planet. Sorry if you can't manage to recognize the dual surface rotations behind the planet's dual day/night cycles but there is no possible way it can be reduced to terms that are any simpler.

Old March 4th 16, 11:36 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Friday, March 4, 2016 at 11:23:21 AM UTC, oriel36 wrote:
Sorry if you can't manage to recognize the dual surface rotations behind the planet's dual day/night cycles but there is no possible way it can be reduced to terms that are any simpler.

The standard explanation in textbooks ever since Kepler is simpler:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth's_orbit#/media/File:North_season.jpg

Notice how the Earth's axis points the same direction all year around - at Polaris, just as it does in real life, something your "explanation" fails to explain.

Since the orbit is an ellipse, this also explains a ton of other observations which your model cannot, like the analemma, the variation in day length over a year, and the fact that the Equinoxes are closer to the December solstice than the June one.
Old March 4th 16, 11:44 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?va2gSZsplpE

[...]

Read carefully that Galileo/ Kepler text you posted above. Then free your
mind and assume the rest of us are right and you are wrong (this is the
essence of science which is rooted in falsifiability).
Look at all the things you have to assume to hold your views (basically
that all of science is a fraud).
Try to put yourself on the other side and see what you would have to assume
to believe that the rest of us are correct.
You have dug yourself into a hole which is causing your anguish. Be a man!
Admit your errors! You would then have the peace you so crave.
Stop your cowardly refusal to look at the evidence that proves you wrong.
Most people don't care about your errors but I worry that you will continue
tormenting yourself until you die.
"Modern imaging" depends on modern science, computing and mathematics - all
concepts you don't believe in.
The videos you constantly post depend on the predictive powers of Newtonian
physics. You ignore his. An honest person would discuss this and factor it
into his other ideas. You are too cowardly to do this. The inner turmoil to
which your cowardice condemns you will carry on unless you act like a man
and discuss the facts instead of ignoring them like the proverbial ostrich.
Do the right thing for once!

Old March 4th 16, 11:52 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Friday, March 4, 2016 at 11:37:00 AM UTC, wrote:
On Friday, March 4, 2016 at 11:23:21 AM UTC, oriel36 wrote:
Sorry if you can't manage to recognize the dual surface rotations behind the planet's dual day/night cycles but there is no possible way it can be reduced to terms that are any simpler.

The standard explanation in textbooks ever since Kepler is simpler:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth's_orbit#/media/File:North_season.jpg

Look, it needs an intelligent person with common sense to handle to dual surface rotations responsible for the Earth's separate day/night cycles and then the seasons can be dealt with separately.

I don't think that you are capable of understanding that the Sun came into view this morning as your location turned through the circle of illumination and will disappear from view as the location turns back through the circle of illumination where the stars come into view.

The North polar latitude turns through the circle of illumination in a few weeks and the polar day/night cycle where the Sun remains in view for 6 months before the North poles turns back through the circle of illumination as a function of the Earth's orbital motion.

Notice how the Earth's axis points the same direction all year around - at Polaris, just as it does in real life, something your "explanation" fails to explain.

You poor thing, you have contemporary time lapse footage working against you with the spectacular view of dual surface rotations which keeps observations and effects local.

http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/arc...1999/11/video/

Students will eventually learn that there is a once a year spectacle at the North polar latitude as that location turns once through the circle of illumination each year and the Sun appears at polar dawn and remains in view until that location passes back into polar night, likewise the Southern polar point.

The only real difficulty is expressing the single annual surface rotation in orbital terms as the entire planet turns once. In this respect the polar points are just a window into the rotation of the entire planet as it turns unevenly to the central Sun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okw6Mu3mxdM

Old March 4th 16, 12:19 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Friday, March 4, 2016 at 11:48:01 AM UTC, Mike Collins wrote:

Read carefully that Galileo/ Kepler text you posted above. Then free your
mind and assume the rest of us are right and you are wrong (this is the
essence of science which is rooted in falsifiability).

The essence of life is to enjoy nature and the motions of the planet which make all life possible. In a few weeks the first sight of the Sun will appear at the North polar points and like its counterpart at lower latitudes the cause is rotation as it turns through the circle of illumination at dawn.

Here we have a situation where 21st century imaging combines with ancient neolithic alignments to light up the observations that our plane has more than one rotations to the central Sun but rather two.

http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/arc...1999/11/video/

The first thing that goes is axial precession in order to make way for the explanation of the Earth's two day/night cycles insofar as the North and South polar points do actually turn 360 degrees coincident with an orbital period like so -

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...precession.svg

It is about standards while you grovel about right/wrong hence I do free myself from unfortunate people like yourself who had the ability to reason beaten out of them as schoolboys. The insights will remain regardless as to whether they are accepted by a wider audience so as long as I enjoy the challenge that all these wonderful 21st century tools provide and an incentive for others to do better.

So, you and the other anonymous guy can consider what causes the Sun to come into view in the morning and then apply it to the North pole in a few weeks arising from a separate rotation.

Old March 4th 16, 12:23 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

oriel36 wrote:
[...]

So you've
Decided to carry on being a childish coward. Your family will be ashamed of
you.
How can we be anonymous since we both post under our real names. Something
my you are too cowardly to do!

Old March 4th 16, 12:30 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Friday, March 4, 2016 at 11:52:33 AM UTC, oriel36 wrote:

I don't think that you are capable of understanding that the Sun came into view this morning as your location turned through the circle of illumination and will disappear from view as the location turns back through the circle of illumination where the stars come into view.

Both explanations feature the Earth's rotation causing sunrise and sunset. Both explanations feature the North Pole being illuminated in summer and dark in winter. Only one has the axis pointing at Polaris throughout.

Since this is what we observe every night, we know which one is correct, and it isn't yours.

Read Galileo again, mocking people who will not look, will not check their ideas through observation. Then look at the pole star, and tell me how your turning axis can point at it all year around.
Old March 4th 16, 01:10 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 5:51:48 PM UTC, wrote:

This means exactly the same as when you say "At the North pole in a few weeks it will be polar dawn where the Sun appears once on the Equinox as that location is carried around in a circle to the central Sun by the orbital behavior of the Earth. "

It was always going to spiral down to the lowest possible level where intelligence ends and insanity begins. In is truly astonishing in the 21st century that I have to keep cause and effect front and center at this level but such is the empirical dominance of this era.

The transition from the disappearance of the stars and the Sun coming into view is a consequence of daily rotation as a location turns through the circle of illumination. This rotation happens and event happens once each day.

The transition from the disappearance of the stars and the Sun coming into view for a period of 6 months at the North and South poles is also due to a rotational cause but this time is is strictly the behavior of the Earth's orbital motion. This polar day/night cycle once at the Equinox depending on which location is turning back towards the central Sun -

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...precession.svg

Dual surface rotations are enjoyable as a spectacle and don't require thinking about once the reasonable person can manage to recognize how the day/night cycles exist in isolation before combining them for such things as the seasons and why natural noon cycles vary.

The event is going to happen in a few weeks anyway so it is not that empiricists won't recognize the cause of the transition from darkness to daylight at the North pole, they can't even recognize the observation of a separate day/night cycle itself !.