Royal Navy Trident missile problem

Old July 2nd 08, 01:49 AM posted to sci.space.history
Neil Gerace[_2_]

Default Royal Navy Trident missile problem

On Jul 1, 1:55*pm, Pat Flannery wrote:

If someone who _wasn't_ a submariner, or even Navy, or even
military...or God help them... a civilian... ever went after him...

Well, they made a movie about that concept called "300". :-D

Me against my brother
Me and my brothers against our cousin
Me, my brothers and our cousins against our neighbour
Me, my brothers, our cousins, our neighbours against the next village
etc
Old July 2nd 08, 02:51 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_6_]

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 17:42:34 -0700 (PDT), Neil Gerace
wrote:

Yes, but where does that leave their competitors from India, Nadir &
Sons?

....I'd imagine they'd still have him on hold on the tech support line
while they find a manager who can speak Signs.

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old July 13th 08, 04:20 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Peter Stickney[_2_]

Pat Flannery wrote:

Damon Hill wrote:
It belatedly occurs to me that ACME is WB's tease of the
ultimate mail-order catalog service, Sears & Roebuck, who
probably wouldn't have enjoyed seeing their name in 'toons.
(As opposed to today's product placement in films.)

Back in the 1950s when you wanted to have some product be from a
nonexistent manufacturer on either television, print, or radio, a lot of
times it came from either "Acme" or its main competitor "Ajax".

Contributing rather late, but you Earth Chaps insisted on using Acme Message
Delivery.

Here on Mars, we've always preferred the superior "A-1" products.
(especially the Martian Matomic Masher)

--
E=Mc^2
E. McSquared