Now is the Winter of Our Discontent

Old January 1st 19, 02:03 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

Default Now is the Winter of Our Discontent

On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 4:28:23 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 5:17:24 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Saturday, December 22, 2018 at 12:55:51 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Yes, winter is finally here. Cloudy sky and rain expected later. 43F as of 12:30 PM here in Gresham. Wind east at 13 mph. Humidity 68%. No chance for a white Christmas here.

Well, they say the government has been shut down! Does that mean it no longer exists? Does it mean I no longer have to obey its laws? That would be nice!

I will be incommunicado for a few days after today. Library will close for both Christmas and Christmas Eve (Those librarians love to take every holiday off they can get away with!). And tomorrow I will be celebrating my birthday: the big 7 0 !

Double-A

Took a bad fall and its was my fault.Be at the hospital in the morning.No bones broken,but deep cuts that keep bleeding.I'm a microbe icecream cone .Cool and cold.I'm getting to be a mountain man in my van. 2018 is ending up making me weak.Very depressed too.What to do? I will end up "the poor Jew" Friends I have very few.Being deaf none that I can speak too.I talk to myself all of the day.I forget what I say. Well I do remember an arguement I had with I this morning,but I can't remember if I won or what it was about.Life is not easy when reaching 91.I use to have fun. Bert

Take care of yourself, Bert. There is no excuse for falling, because there is no ice down there! So far we have been lucky, and there has been no ice or snow here either.

Now 41F here in Gresham as of 4:30 PM. Sky clear. Wind northeast at 4 mph. Humidity 75%.

Ducks won the Red Box Bowl in San Francisco today in a defensive battle 7 - 6 ! I think Gang Green is back!

Happy New Year everyone!

Now to go buy some beer!

Double-A

Got rebandaged It was a bad accident.My fault for not seeing the step.Concrete is hard.Have to see the Dr. again Wen. My blood pressure was very very high.Bud light will bring it down.Happy New Year.AA we go back to many years.I moved around in those years.Fl.Ma.and now Mexicale.You stay put and love being a mountain man. Bert
Old January 3rd 19, 11:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 5:03:54 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:

Got rebandaged It was a bad accident.My fault for not seeing the step.Concrete is hard.Have to see the Dr. again Wen. My blood pressure was very very high.Bud light will bring it down.Happy New Year.AA we go back to many years.I moved around in those years.Fl.Ma.and now Mexicale.You stay put and love being a mountain man. Bert

That step should not have been there! Sounds like somebody is liable! Hopefully the city!

Had a nice New Year at home. At least one bowl game, the Citrus Bowl, was put on free television.

So far this winter has been extremely mild! Now 52F here in Gresham as of 2:00 PM. Overcast sky. Was raining earlier. Wind south at 7 mph. Humidity 68%.

Stock market took another dive today! Things are not sounding good. Apple stock is in the toilet this morning! Good thing I dumped mine a couple months ago! Gold and silver are rising. I think the time that come to make a move into them.

Kim has disappeared!

Double-A

Old January 4th 19, 03:26 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Thursday, January 3, 2019 at 2:06:07 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
[...]

Kim disappearing? Let me know? Unlike Sandy Kim seemed dependable. I'm getting advice to jest keep my money in Chase. Bert
Old January 4th 19, 11:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Thursday, January 3, 2019 at 6:26:09 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

Bad advice. I have already made a couple of bucks in palladium in just the couple of minutes before the market closed today!

Kim called last night. Since her phone's battery had not been working, she had gotten confused even about what day it was, and showed up at the buffet a day late! But Best Buy has got her phone working again, and everything is back on track now.

A damp but mild day here in Gresham. Cloudy. Temp 50F. Wind east at 6 mph. Humidity 76%. Chance of rain 15%.

Double-A

Old January 5th 19, 10:03 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Dreary day here in Gresham. The weather bureau is predicting a big storm tonight with winds up to 60 mph and lots of rain, and snow in the mountains! Now intent to get back home early. Now 47F as of 1 PM. Wind east at 15 mph, expected to switch to south when it really starts blowing hard! Humidity 71%.

Be prepared for power outages, they are saying!

Double-A

Old January 5th 19, 10:14 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 1:03:25 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Dreary day here in Gresham. The weather bureau is predicting a big storm tonight with winds up to 60 mph and lots of rain, and snow in the mountains! Now intent to get back home early. Now 47F as of 1 PM. Wind east at 15 mph, expected to switch to south when it really starts blowing hard! Humidity 71%.

Be prepared for power outages, they are saying!

Double-A

Cold cloudy and feels like winter.No wind.60mph wind can make it feel like zero.So far I've seen my Dr.5 times because of that bad fall.Seeing her again on Monday.I heal slow.If I broke bones I would be living in a Nursery Home. If I did not have a laptop I would be unable to communicate.I'm so forgetful its pitaful Everything I touch hit the floor. Bert
Old January 5th 19, 10:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 1:34:15 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 1:03:25 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Dreary day here in Gresham. The weather bureau is predicting a big storm tonight with winds up to 60 mph and lots of rain, and snow in the mountains! Now intent to get back home early. Now 47F as of 1 PM. Wind east at 15 mph, expected to switch to south when it really starts blowing hard! Humidity 71%.

Be prepared for power outages, they are saying!

Double-A

Cold cloudy and feels like winter.No wind.60mph wind can make it feel like zero.So far I've seen my Dr.5 times because of that bad fall.Seeing her again on Monday.I heal slow.If I broke bones I would be living in a Nursery Home. If I did not have a laptop I would be unable to communicate.I'm so forgetful its pitaful Everything I touch hit the floor. Bert

I know the feeling. My floor is carpeted, so most stuff doesn't break when it hits the floor.

Double-A

Old January 6th 19, 10:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

The big wind storm passed through about 11 PM last night! Lights flickered a lot, but stayed on. I had a flashlight within reach, and candles ready. Wind in nearby Troutdale was recorded at 48 mph. No trees blew down near me, only branches. The lid blew off the giant cooler I keep on my back patio, so I had to go out and put it back on. Other than that, no problems. Got a little warmer when the storm came through, up to 49F.

Now 40F as of 1:15 PM here in Gresham. Overcast with light rain. Wind south at 10 mph. Humidity 88%.

Double-A

Old January 7th 19, 10:19 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Pleasant day so far. Sun through clouds. Got a chance to redeem containers and walk across town. Now 45F as of 1:15 PM here in Gresham. Calm now, but hard east wind expected to be coming soon. Humidity 69%. Over on the west side of Portland, icy roads caused some accidents this morning.

Double-A

Old January 7th 19, 10:19 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 1:26:48 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
The big wind storm passed through about 11 PM last night! Lights flickered a lot, but stayed on. I had a flashlight within reach, and candles ready. Wind in nearby Troutdale was recorded at 48 mph. No trees blew down near me, only branches. The lid blew off the giant cooler I keep on my back patio, so I had to go out and put it back on. Other than that, no problems. Got a little warmer when the storm came through, up to 49F.

Now 40F as of 1:15 PM here in Gresham. Overcast with light rain. Wind south at 10 mph. Humidity 88%.

Double-A

Cool and my wind shield showed it rained.Any colder I would have to go motel.Teresa said I could stay at her house,but its at MT.Baldy and that is far..Also Ifeel I was imposing. Still seeing my Dr.on this bad fall.Its not healing well,and that is not good. I'm bandaged up like a mommy. Bert

First day of winter Gerald Kelleher Amateur Astronomy 0 November 1st 18 11:52 AM
Vic Winter ... RIP Anthony Ayiomamitis Amateur Astronomy 11 February 11th 07 08:29 AM
The Winter Triangle! Double-A Misc 2 November 14th 06 07:37 PM
145 CMa - the Winter Albireo - a colorful after-work winter double Feb-Mar canopus56 Amateur Astronomy 8 March 9th 06 04:16 PM
When's Martian winter? dkc_2001 Misc 22 May 28th 04 07:45 PM