Magnetohydrodynamic Space Drive

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 7th 17, 04:57 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Default Magnetohydrodynamic Space Drive

On of my concepts is to use the solar corona gas as fuel for
a true space drive. I looked at the topic and found that
records, wiki, call it impractical.

I will point out that plasma production energy costs appear
the cause of impracticality. My space drive is designed to use
free coronal plasma as the fuel.

It also warns of heating of the interior "chute" causes
loss of physical integrity. I would use a suffiecient
ablative ceramic, nonconductive, to line the central plasma chute.

Given free plasma allows a huge gain in efficiency. It
is to be a cometary ejection form of orbit to free interstellar
space.

The energy source to make a magnetic field is quite obvious
high temperature solar cells.

Why do I bother?