Any Rocket Engineers Here?

Old January 2nd 07, 11:27 PM posted to sci.space.history
David Findlay

Default Any Rocket Engineers Here?

I propose we design and build a rocket and space capsule for a one way trip
to see if Venus is suitable for habitation. Brad Guth would be more than
happy to be the sole astronaut on board, and he can jump out once it lands
without a space suit and prove to the world that Venus supports life as it
is now! Now when can we start building it? Thanks,

David
Old January 2nd 07, 11:40 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 08:27:02 +1000, in a place far, far away, David
Findlay made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

I propose we design and build a rocket and space capsule for a one way trip
to see if Venus is suitable for habitation. Brad Guth would be more than
happy to be the sole astronaut on board, and he can jump out once it lands
without a space suit and prove to the world that Venus supports life as it
is now! Now when can we start building it? Thanks,

Killfiles are cheaper.
Old January 3rd 07, 12:30 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko

Rand Simberg wrote:
On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 08:27:02 +1000, in a place far, far away, David
Findlay made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

I propose we design and build a rocket and space capsule for a one way trip
to see if Venus is suitable for habitation. Brad Guth would be more than
happy to be the sole astronaut on board, and he can jump out once it lands
without a space suit and prove to the world that Venus supports life as it
is now! Now when can we start building it? Thanks,

Killfiles are cheaper.

Oddly, the more you talk about killfiling him, the more he posts...

Old January 3rd 07, 04:51 AM posted to sci.space.history
Orval Fairbairn

In article
,
David Findlay wrote:

I propose we design and build a rocket and space capsule for a one way trip
to see if Venus is suitable for habitation. Brad Guth would be more than
happy to be the sole astronaut on board, and he can jump out once it lands
without a space suit and prove to the world that Venus supports life as it
is now! Now when can we start building it? Thanks,

David

Yes! I am sure that we could do it with something like a Saturn V and
kill 2 birds with one stone!

1. It would prove to "Guthy Gander" that the Sat V had the capability to
send men to the moon and back and

2. We would be free of a pest!
Old January 3rd 07, 08:37 AM posted to sci.space.history
Brad Guth[_2_]

"David Findlay" wrote in message

Being out of context and silly again, arnt we.

Actually, you're being a LLPOF minion, and brown-nosed to boot.

A small and thus extremely efficient robotic flown spaceplane as a
science probe in the form of a composite rigid airship, as such will
accomplish the mission task quite nicely.
-
Brad Guth

Old January 3rd 07, 08:59 AM posted to sci.space.history
Brad Guth[_2_]

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news
1. It would prove to "Guthy Gander" that the Sat V had the capability to
send men to the moon and back and

Remember folks, that I'd agreed to our having accomplished something
less than a 25 tonne payload (roughly half the amount specified) getting
into lunar orbit.

Care to put any of those hard fly-by-rocket numbers for the task of so
quickly getting nearly 50 tonnes into lunar orbit, right on the Usenet
public table?

Pretty damn nifty trick at having nearly 30% inert GLOW to deal with,
and do remember that I never said that our Third Reich Jewes weren't
terribly smart.
-
Brad Guth