Running BOINC on non-web connected PC farm.

Old June 2nd 04, 11:23 AM
Hurrah

Default Running BOINC on non-web connected PC farm.

Hi,

I currently run CLI SETI@Home on a number of PC's in a work location where
ADSL/broadband is not available and dial-up is very poor - (31.2k if I'm
lucky).

The networked PC's are supplied with WU's via SETIQueue running on a laptop.

Once the SETIQueue cache is down to zero, the laptop is brought home once a
month (where I do have broadband) and is left switched on uploading the
results and downloading more WU's.

Then the laptop is taken back to work and is left in situ, supplying the
WU's to the PC farm.

This has worked well for approx 3 months and currently churns out about 40
WU's a day.

Of course SETI@Home in it's current guise will be shut-down.

But where will that leave me and the PC's currently running SETI@Home?

Can BOINC be run in the same way?

Or will a third party have to produce a "BOINC Queue" program to do the same
as SETIQueue?

TIA,

H.

Well over 9,000 WU's processed.

(Replies to NG pls - reply-to is spam-blocked)

Old June 2nd 04, 11:53 PM
Alfred A. Aburto Jr.

Hurrah,

"Hurrah" wrote in message

[...]

I have the same questions as you ...
I don't know the answer ...
Al

I am runing Boinc. Benjamin P. SETI 0 April 16th 04 12:59 AM
BOINC: Is AP the only project running? VP SETI 2 November 25th 03 10:34 PM
Invention: Action Device To Generate Unidirectional Force. Abhi Astronomy Misc 21 August 14th 03 09:57 PM
Invention For Revolution In Transport Industry Abhi Astronomy Misc 16 August 6th 03 02:42 AM