NASA Astronaut on Columbia Repair (and others)

Old December 11th 06, 10:30 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko

Default Dear NASA Administrator Michael Griffin

Rand Simberg wrote:
On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 17:40:06 GMT, in a place far, far away, George
Evans made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

And this constant whining about no one gives us money has got to go.

It's not "whining." It's stating of a fact to point out how nonsensical your
argument is.

A business that whines about not getting money is a failure waiting to
happen.

Nobody is "whining."

I was simply *explaining* that it's nonsensical to claim that NASA is
better at doing something than someone else, when that someone else
hasn't been provided with any funding with which to do it. If they
had been given the money, and developed a bad track record, then you'd
have a point, but since that's not reality, it's nonsensical.

The only thing that NASA has shown itself to be "better" at so far is
getting large amounts of taxpayer dollars. We won't know if it's
"better" at anything else until someone else finds funding from some
source, and actually does some spaceflight with it, and we have an
actual basis of comparison.

Well we had better hope that the private sector does things better than
NASA or we'll never have commercial spaceflight. Period.

Old December 11th 06, 10:34 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko

Rand Simberg wrote:
On 11 Dec 2006 13:20:17 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Eric Chomko"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such
a way as to indicate that:

Call me a moron but never say I'm unproductive.

I never would. When it comes to spouting idiocy, your output is
prodigious. I wouldn't be proud of it, though.

Nor shall I be ashamed of it simply for you to use it against me.
You're no team player, Simberg. You work alone for a reason.

I don't work alone, you moron.

Perhaps it is as George Thorogood says, "I drink alone, yeah, me and
nobody else..."

What I'd pay to hear the feedback from your co-workers about you.
Priceless I bet.

Old December 12th 06, 10:21 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_4_]

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 21:23:42 GMT, h (Rand
Simberg) wrote:

I don't work alone, you moron.

....Rand? Could you give a quick list of those who've voted "I Concur"?

Thanks!

OM
--
]=====================================[
] OMBlog -
Old December 12th 06, 01:31 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 03:21:18 -0600, in a place far, far away, OM

Simberg) wrote:

I don't work alone, you moron.

...Rand? Could you give a quick list of those who've voted "I Concur"?

Thanks!

Not a quick one, no. I'd have to dig back through the old thread. I
think that Dave Michelson made nine, but it may only be eight.
Old December 14th 06, 03:00 PM posted to sci.space.history
columbiaaccidentinvestigation

Rand Simberg wrote:" No, I don't. I'd have no time for anything else
if I did."

Gee rand, you have had many posts baiting chomko, and you dont seem to
feel you have the time to debate me, mmmm rand.

Go build somewhere to build up your ego, but not here in usenet.