S&T web

Old August 25th 06, 06:10 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Starlord

Default S&T web

I just sent the web master of the S&T web site an e-mail, told them how on
the older site, I used to use the Format for printer part and then print out
the weekly sky at a glance for taking out with me. But now they've done away
with that and when I fired up my laser printer and printed the page, I got 5
full pages of ads and garbage I didn't want nor use and the 6th page had the
title on the very bottem of the page. I will NOT be doing that mistage
again. So from a rating of #1 usefullness for what I do, they've droped down
to almost dead last.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net
In Garden Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/ingarden
Blast Off Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/starlords
Astro Blog
http://starlord.bloggerteam.com/

Old August 25th 06, 08:49 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jay[_2_]

Don't use your computer's print command. When you go to the Sky at a
Glance page click the Print button. Prints fine with no ads.

Jay

Old August 25th 06, 10:32 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Starlord

I hit the PRINT at the top of the artical and all I got was a link to the
artical for email.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net
In Garden Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/ingarden
Blast Off Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/starlords
Astro Blog
http://starlord.bloggerteam.com/

ups.com...

Old August 26th 06, 04:19 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RMOLLISE

HI Dennis:

Just tried it...it worked for me. You can't hit, as was said, the print
command on the MIE menu at all. Hit "print" on the page, at the top of
the article. A new window will open. You'll then hit print again (on
the page, again, not on MIE).

Keep in mind that the illos that go with the story will print, but no
ads, etc.

If you just want this in plain text, it is posted to s.a.a. regularly
in that format.

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Author of:
Choosing and Using a Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope
and
The Urban Astronomer's Guide
http://skywatch.brainiac.com/astroland
The Annual SCT User Imaging Contest is Underway!
http://www.rothritter.com/contest/2006/
Starlord wrote:

I hit the PRINT at the top of the artical and all I got was a link to the
artical for email.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy