The most distant gravitational lens has been found

Old October 21st 13, 08:31 AM posted to sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default The most distant gravitational lens has been found

Two extremely old and distant objects are lensing each other. The
lensing galaxy is about 9.4 billion light years away, while the lensed
galaxy is just 40 million years after the Big Bang! That's the
equivalent of an old grandpa helping an older great-grandpa walk along!

Yousuf Khan

Most distant gravitational lens helps weigh galaxies but deepens a
galactic mystery | Astronomy.com
http://www.astronomy.com/news/2013/1...lactic-mystery
Old October 21st 13, 08:10 PM posted to sci.astro
dlzc

Dear Yousuf Khan:

On Monday, October 21, 2013 12:31:32 AM UTC-7, Yousuf Khan wrote:
Two extremely old and distant objects are lensing
each other. The lensing galaxy is about 9.4
billion light years away, while the lensed galaxy
is just 40 million years after the Big Bang!

This makes this-Universe-is-the-inside-of-at-least-one-supermassive-black-hole even more likely. Structures could be swallowed whole, and be visible just this side of the event horizon.

Not that 40 million years is not enough to form what they have seen so far...

http://www.astronomy.com/news/2013/1...lactic-mystery

David A. Smith
Old October 22nd 13, 07:29 AM posted to sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 21/10/2013 3:10 PM, dlzc wrote:
Dear Yousuf Khan:

On Monday, October 21, 2013 12:31:32 AM UTC-7, Yousuf Khan wrote:
Two extremely old and distant objects are lensing
each other. The lensing galaxy is about 9.4
billion light years away, while the lensed galaxy
is just 40 million years after the Big Bang!

This makes this-Universe-is-the-inside-of-at-least-one-supermassive-black-hole even more likely. Structures could be swallowed whole, and be visible just this side of the event horizon.

Not that 40 million years is not enough to form what they have seen so far...

David A. Smith

I don't see how this could be a proof the universe being inside a
blackhole. If a structure were swallowed whole, wouldn't it have been
spaghettified prior to entering?

I also think that 40 million years is plenty of time for galaxies to
form after the Big Bang. That is because I think the structures of
galaxies were already set pretty much during the Big Bang and Inflation.
The borders of each of the galaxies were already created during pre-CMB
phase, just as each supermassive blackhole center was already there in
the form of a blackhole (no merging stars needed). The galaxies may have
started out as just collections of gas clouds initially, anchored by the
supermassive blackhole. The gas clouds then simply needed to gel into
stars, at some point. Yes, I'm saying that the galactic gas clouds and
the supermassive blackhole predated the existence of the stars. The
evolution of the gas clouds inside the proto-galaxy then provided the
framework for the creation of the stars.

Yousuf Khan
Old October 22nd 13, 09:30 PM posted to sci.astro
dlzc

Dear Yousuf Khan:

On Monday, October 21, 2013 11:29:33 PM UTC-7, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 21/10/2013 3:10 PM, dlzc wrote:

This makes this-Universe-is-the-inside-of-at-
least-one-supermassive-black-hole even more
likely. Structures could be swallowed whole,
and be visible just this side of the event
horizon.

Not that 40 million years is not enough to
form what they have seen so far...

I don't see how this could be a proof

I do not seek proof, just looking for possibilities.

the universe being inside a blackhole.

Oh, that part is easy:
http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/gr/oz1.html
.... if you follow the yellow brick road, the "laboratory" we are in now is not the first, and the "black curtain" we passed through might look like a Big Bang event (or even just the CMBR glow of recombination) on this side.

If a structure were swallowed whole, wouldn't
it have been spaghettified prior to entering?

Who's to say the "spaghettification process" is lossy, such that the "patterns" cannot reform once inside:
http://io9.com/5811236/this-is-the-c...l-see-all-week

I also think that 40 million years is plenty
of time for galaxies to form after the Big Bang.
That is because I think the structures of
galaxies were already set pretty much during
the Big Bang and Inflation.

Not sure that structures is right, but like the little sponge figures you drop is water, a bit of expansion shows a structures, yes.

The borders of each of the galaxies were
already created during pre-CMB phase,

They would only have been borders in momentum space, not real separation, no physical boundaries.

just as each supermassive blackhole center
was already there in the form of a blackhole
(no merging stars needed).

Maybe some, not all.

The galaxies may have started out as just
collections of gas clouds initially, anchored
by the supermassive blackhole. The gas clouds
then simply needed to gel into stars, at some
point. Yes, I'm saying that the galactic gas
clouds and the supermassive blackhole predated
the existence of the stars.

I have no problem with some of that.

The evolution of the gas clouds inside the
proto-galaxy then provided the framework for
the creation of the stars.

OK. I just avoid the necessity of all this "evolution", the way I see it. Evolution happens before / as matter is ingested into a new subtier Universe.

David A. Smith