Comet visibility...

Old April 25th 06, 01:02 AM posted to alt.astronomy

Default Comet visibility...

While one *Former* Military Air Traffic controller tries to create fear
or propoganda out of the situation... and one NASA "Caveman" dead after
talking about a Comet hitting the Atlantic by 2009...

We have real astronomers anticipating the closest visibility rate to
Earth for a comet in quite a while

--

Self-destructing Comet to Flash in Close Fly-by

By Kimm Groshong - New Scientist

Astronomers will soon be treated to a close-up celestial show, with a
fragmenting comet streaming across the sky in more than 30 chunks. Comet
73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3 has been breaking up since 1995, but between
12 and 14 May will come closer to the Earth than any comet since 1983.

Fortunately no threat is posed to Earth since, even at its closest, the
nearest of the pieces will be twenty times more distant than the Moon.

But astronomers around the world will take advantage of the relatively
close pass. The Hubble and Spitzer Space Telescopes will join with
dozens of ground- based facilities for the observation campaign. And
scientists expect the brightest comet pieces to be visible through
binoculars and possibly, faintly, to the naked eye.

By studying the materials exposed by the break-up, astronomers hope to
learn more about the interior of comets, where pristine ingredients from
the solar system's earliest days are thought to be preserved. For that
reason, some astronomers view the event as a free version of NASA's
comet-busting Deep Impact mission.

Bursts of brightness

They also hope to gain insight about how and why such comets become
fragmented. For largely unknown reasons, Comet 73P broke into as many as
five pieces in 1995. Gravitational forces are known to tear apart some
comets, such as the famous Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 which ended its
existence with a spectacular crash into Jupiter. But Comet 73P follows a
5.4-year solar orbit that does not bring it close enough to Jupiter or
the Sun for gravitational tugs to be the culprit.

The initial trigger that set Comet 73P's fragmentation process in action
in 1995 is still a matter of speculation. "We suspect that rotation may
contribute, but it may not be rotation alone. It could be that thermal
stresses are also contributing," says Zdenek Sekanina, a cometary
physicist at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California, US.

A clue may come from the chronology of observations in 1995. Astronomers
observed two sudden bursts of brightness from the comet in September and
November. Then in December, observers caught the first glimpse of Comet
73P in its piecemeal form.

Such flare-ups are thought to be caused by the sublimation of newly
exposed ice from the interior of the comet. Splitting comets have often
been detected because of these flare-ups. But it remains unclear whether
the outbursts actually cause comets to split or are simply an
after-effect of a split that occurred through other processes.

Missing pieces

In any case, comet 73P is still breaking up. The remnant of the parent
comet is known as component C and other pieces have been given letter
names progressing through the alphabet. And as of this week, astronomers
have reached named 37 fragments.

Some of the pieces have survived two orbits around the Sun since the
original divide in 1995. But others have been lost. For example,
components A, D, E and F have not been spotted this year. They may have
broken into pieces too small to see or they may simply be inactive, and
therefore invisible. But at least 33 mini-comets may be able to put on a
light show when passing Earth.

Some fragmenting comets, such as Comet Biela in the 19th century, have
produced meteor showers when flying by our planet. But Paul Wiegert, of
the University of Western Ontario, does not expect a meteor shower in
May, based on the nature of the 1995 break up.

He says the comet's cloud of debris is not likely to reach Earth until
2022. "But things have changed a little bit because the comet is
continuing to break up," he adds. "So it's a little bit hard to say
whether we will see meteor showers this year."

--

Freeman :-)
Free Comic Books, Comic Strips, News, Blog and More

Old April 25th 06, 01:47 AM posted to alt.astronomy

The Mirror wrote:
[...]

Right the Cometh Continue to break up... The Damme Liars they are
trying to shoot it to pieces... but the hail shall not miss Earth, and
this part of the world ... SAUL YOUR DOOM is Coming... Me Warhol
Fortold this already two years ago and still nobody that believes me...
Right this part is the VOICES of THE MIGHTY HEAVENS LORD OF WORLDS;
"WARHOL VON SAALI IS MY PREFFERED SUN". THE ROCK of TAR is Cometh for
the Blood Revenge because the Moorish Nation that was betrayed by its
brother Nations... Well you see, now 400 later they will recieve a Rock
on their stupid Vermin Head... DID WARHOL VON SAALI NOT WARNE YOU
ALL... and Knight Nightbat is my Witness... GIBRALTAR GET READY FOR
THIS SALVO von Saali... YOU DIDN'T WANT TO LISTEN TO THIS MOORISH LIGHT
WARRIOR, well feel the Wrath of the Lord of the Worlds now. And that
shall learn you to take my **** away from me, when I visited my own
Rock of TAR last time... Right I was not welcome in my moorish dress on
my own lands... Well I prayed and the lord listend to my prayers...
That shall learn you Tax collectors to take my good ****, from a sacred
cow as Warhol Von Saali... you stupid Golden cow Followers, start to
respect the Sacred Cows von Saali if you want to be saved from the
Cometh doom for the Next years... I am the only one who knowns the
Battle plan of my Gran'Da'dy Admiral Teach R Von Saali... The Lord of
the two Picks. Right that Old Pirate hole is operational again... Long
Live for the Moorish Empire that Cometh...

Temple One Light Warrior, Warhol Von Saali
reporting from Tingis Base over and out.

Old April 25th 06, 04:49 AM posted to alt.astronomy

Well... don't jump the Gun on this one just yet... the fragments may
number in quite a few dozen pieces... and as our Revolution around our
Star which travels slower than the comets, we shall get a nice show...
but perhaps not any certain impact, although I am keeping close eye on
the issue.

But, This is not the only comet on the way over the next several
years... there are two more coming ;-)

Peace and Love.

Oh, BTW - I spoke of Comet coming this way in a cartoon strip I did back
in 2003, which of course dealt with two bodies... Tempel 1 and this one
we are seeing now...

http://www.rnabrand.com/ Free comic books and comic strips.
http://mirrorstewedios.com/mailman/l...rstewedios.com
Free Newsletter with science, paranormal and political topics

Old April 25th 06, 09:53 AM posted to alt.astronomy

nightbat wrote

The Mirror wrote:

Well... don't jump the Gun on this one just yet... the fragments may
number in quite a few dozen pieces... and as our Revolution around our
Star which travels slower than the comets, we shall get a nice show...
but perhaps not any certain impact, although I am keeping close eye on
the issue.

But, This is not the only comet on the way over the next several
years... there are two more coming ;-)

Peace and Love.

nightbat

Saul isn't going to like this news he still thinks by being
somewhat regular the world must be. Two more comets coming, holy cotton
candy, then Officer Warhol predictions may have merit, oh the humanity!

say your prayers if you have any,
the nightbat

Old April 25th 06, 01:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy

The Mirror. Very nice post. Interesting that this comet is coming
apart. If it hit something it might explode,but could also break it
up,especially if its structure is snow and dust. Could also by hitting
a large object cause it to spin fast out of balance. One thing we know
from seeing a solid comet like Tempel 1 is all those craters. Trebert

Old April 25th 06, 01:58 PM posted to alt.astronomy

nightbat wrote:
nightbat wrote

The Mirror wrote:

Well... don't jump the Gun on this one just yet... the fragments may
number in quite a few dozen pieces... and as our Revolution around our
Star which travels slower than the comets, we shall get a nice show...
but perhaps not any certain impact, although I am keeping close eye on
the issue.

But, This is not the only comet on the way over the next several
years... there are two more coming ;-)

Peace and Love.

nightbat

Saul isn't going to like this news he still thinks by being
somewhat regular the world must be. Two more comets coming, holy cotton
candy, then Officer Warhol predictions may have merit, oh the humanity!

say your prayers if you have any,
the nightbat

Oh my lord, a prayer of unbelievers, shall that help??? GOD SAY'S WE
MUST PAY OUR TEMPLE TAX... Do YOU know to whome the Heavens Tax of 10%
must be payed... I tell them all again, Never forget the Tribut for The
Saali Warriors ha ha ha otherwise they come after those that their
names ARE NOT WRITTEN in "THE BOOK OF LIFE"... I SAY PREPARE THE SILVER
FOR THE TEMPLE... SO THAT I MAY PRAY for FORGIVENESS OF OUR SOUL ALL...
and in that HOLY BOOK is not one Name is written yett... People dont be
fools, pay your tribut to the mighty lord, before he distroyes us
all.... REMARK THE WORD DESTROY HAS TROY INSIDE IT... Right the WAR for
TROY is Not finnished yet... The Ancient and the future of TIME ,have
said they will destroy the Canaanite DIRT. They who say that they are
jews but are NOT Said Jesus... and let me ad that Jesus also said he
who is seeking to save his life shall loose it...

Warhol Von Saali, Reporting from high above the City at Tingis Base...
watching the Sky Day and Night for incoming Doom from heavens Sky and
for enemy PISRAT ship on the shores of her majesty the QUEEN Elizabeth
II... Over and out

Old April 25th 06, 02:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy

nightbat wrote:
nightbat wrote

The Mirror wrote:

Well... don't jump the Gun on this one just yet... the fragments may
number in quite a few dozen pieces... and as our Revolution around our
Star which travels slower than the comets, we shall get a nice show...
but perhaps not any certain impact, although I am keeping close eye on
the issue.

But, This is not the only comet on the way over the next several
years... there are two more coming ;-)

Peace and Love.

nightbat

Saul isn't going to like this news he still thinks by being
somewhat regular the world must be. Two more comets coming, holy cotton
candy, then Officer Warhol predictions may have merit, oh the humanity!

say your prayers if you have any,
the nightbat

Oh Valiant Knight Nightbat, Doom is gone to hit again this world
soon... This Fragement shall provoke alot of distruction here in the
Region... BUT WHAT CAN I DO... PEOPLE DONT LISTEN TO TRUTH AND
WISDOM... I have Spend Many THOUSANDS Dolllars, I could have bought a
second hand Mobile HOME of my dreams, but NO this Warhol Wanted to save
the souls of his friends and his enemy's. I spend so much Silver and
freetime to Warne People who dont believe anymore in the signs of the
Mighty Heavens Lord of the worlds... Are they forgotten that the Heaven
Lord never lies, and keeps his promisses made to humanity... Well Its
written when the messenger of god shall show up, that nobody shall
listen to the words of wisdom...And than as a surprisse we shall Hear a
loud voice from the Heaven, that will Says WARHOL IS MY BELOVED SUN....
Right I have tried to warne the People, that me the sun of the great
Boss, can putt a good word to the father in the heaven. So that the
allmighty forgives more fools for their stupid sins commited against
him and his only begotten sun...

Anyway I dont Panic because I know this HIt with this TAR Rock out of
heaven shall wake more than it shall kill... I already I am calculating
that more than 700000 people will died next Month...

DONT GO TO SEA REGIONS or TO REGIONS WHERE VULCANS ARE ACTIVE. I SAY TO
ALL, PREPARE THE BODYBAGS to putt your beloved ones in... In few houres
many shall meet HELL.... EVIL MAN DO YOUR PRAYERS NOW... Because next
month you too will be dead maybe... And as for Gibraltar and her bay, I
have done My Best to Speak the Governor, The priest, and the Police, I
even went To London before, were I tried to speak the Queen, MI5,
SKYNEWS ETC all said that I was only a FOOL and showed me the way out
their office and lands. Than God had send his white Bottle neck whale,
which died on that black day of sorrow in London, trying to deliver a
Message to our beloved Queen after that the Parrot died of Birdflu..
PEOPLE REMENBER this... when someone speaketh the truth than he is seen
as a liar... and the Unbelievable is that Liars and cowards are
respected in this doomed world... People Like Saul should be Hanged
with the WARHOLIAN HANDMADE ROPE.... AND NOW GET READY TO HEAR THE LOUD
VOICE OF THE HEAVENS LORD OF WORLDS.... HA HA HA They ALREADY HAVE
KILLED A SUN OF GOD 2000 YEARS AGO... SHALL THEY KILL ME TO, BECAUSE I
SPEAKETH THE TRUTH... Well Lucky for me I have very special protection
from the Angels out of the Heaven... MY Heavens FATHER LOVES ME, and
listen to my PRAYERS... and he shall never Permit the Evil Coffez Boys
to Harm Me... Warhol Von Saali, reporting from Tingis base, Keepin
watch day anf Night over the Heavens sky's for incoming...

PS THREE ZDAFF ZDAFF STARS ARE HEADING TOWARDS EARTH RIGHT NOW WITH THE
MESSAGE OF GOD.... RESTORE THE MOORISH KINGDOM OF WARHOL... THe HOLY
Forgotten Message of BlackBeard, the 400 years Curse...

Old April 25th 06, 10:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Yes.

And at present, since it is mostly hard ice and dust... it should cause
climate change, since most the material will be breaking up in our
Magnetic Field... The mass of such would merit some slight variations in
our Geological and Atmospheric activity, and perhaps the dust and ice
particles will fall into earth atmosphere due to Earth's Gravity, though
it's only how I view it in theory.

Peace and Love.

Freeman :-)

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:

The Mirror. Very nice post. Interesting that this comet is coming
apart. If it hit something it might explode,but could also break it
up,especially if its structure is snow and dust. Could also by hitting
a large object cause it to spin fast out of balance. One thing we know
from seeing a solid comet like Tempel 1 is all those craters. Trebert

---

We just wanted to let everyone know that our site has free online comic
strips and comic books which update regularly, and will continue to
expand in coming weeks.

http://www.rnabrand.com/ Free Comics (Best viewed in Internet Explorer,
Firefox and Netscape 8)
http://mirrorstewedios.com/mailman/l...rstewedios.com
Free newsletter in Paranormal, Science, Political, Spiritual and Social
topics

Our Comic Strips
E.T. Life: Strange Days - Hang out with Tez, The Ben and Abe as they
talk and get drunk with regulars at the Galactic Cantina
E.T. Life: Strange Moments - Our Characters strike poses and one liners
for you (Animated Shorts coming in May)
The Regulars - A group of people from Internet Chat Rooms attain super
powers... and don't know what to do with them, so they fight each other.
Rezidents - Native American ways of life, and lifestyle of yesteryear
and today, a satire strip.
Digital Smoke Signals - Satire of Social and Civil topics, Paranormal,
Science, Politics, Religion and more.

Comic Books
Hangwi Cold Breath (Re-release coming soon) Sci Fi Adventure and Action
Hangwi Devil in his Eyes (Re-release out now and continuation)
Hangwi Crusaders (Re-release and continuation coming soon) Templar
Knights, Assasseens and an alien artifact in 1180s Eurasia
Horizon (Coming soon) Sci Fi tale with a Globalized Earth, fighting the
Sovereign Martian Colonies over resources and technologies

Thank you for your time, and we hope you enjoy our continued growth and
expansion to provide entertainment to you for free.

Also, next month our new sub-site will be open for a more public and
user interface, with our first published Graphic Novel for sale and free
previews, Legacy: The Shadow Chronicles.

Peace and Love

Freeman :-)
http://www.rnabrand.com/ Free Comics
http://mirrorstewedios.com/mailman/l...rstewedios.com
Free Newsletter

Old April 26th 06, 02:20 AM posted to alt.astronomy

You foretold exactly what, WarpHole? More DOOM AND GLOOM? You are
ignoring what I've highlighted with a N.O.T.E. below. There is no
DOOM here for me, you total idiot! The comet's pieces will come no
closer than 5.3 MILLION MILES from Earth. Your predictions for comets
continues to show you are a failed prophet! And, so you will be shown
VERY SOON NOW! ONE MONTH TO GO!

Saul Levy

Fortunately no threat is posed to Earth since, even at its closest, the =========N.O.T.E.