Newbie, Dork but Honest Question

Old January 27th 04, 03:40 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Newbie, Dork but Honest Question

If I had lived earlier in history, I would have had the chance to hear
Einstein speak. Or Heisenberg. Or one of the many great minds of our time. I
don't want to miss that opportunity again.

I realize this is a nieve and silly question, so please bear with me. Can
someone offer up a list of say the top 5 phycisists still alive and still
publicly speaking? I'd love to buy some books, do some reading and hopefully
go to a seminar or two, just so when I am older I can look back say, "I
remember back in 2004 when I saw H. Glazier give his seminar on Gravity."
and my grandkids will ooh and ahh.

OK, that last part was humourous (or at least an attempt) but the gist of
the question is serious and honest.

Any help? I live in MD if that matters.

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old January 28th 04, 01:44 PM
Benoit Morrissette

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:40:00 -0500, "BenignVanilla"
wrote:

If I had lived earlier in history, I would have had the chance to hear
Einstein speak. Or Heisenberg. Or one of the many great minds of our time. I
don't want to miss that opportunity again.

I realize this is a nieve and silly question, so please bear with me. Can
someone offer up a list of say the top 5 phycisists still alive and still
publicly speaking? I'd love to buy some books, do some reading and hopefully
go to a seminar or two, just so when I am older I can look back say, "I
remember back in 2004 when I saw H. Glazier give his seminar on Gravity."
and my grandkids will ooh and ahh.

OK, that last part was humourous (or at least an attempt) but the gist of
the question is serious and honest.

Any help? I live in MD if that matters.

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Stephen Hawking, http://www.hawking.org.uk/ definitively an absolute must.
While Carl Sagan is dead, i consider that his "Cosmos" book should be mandatory
reading in high school for all.
Good night!

Benoît Morrissette