Falcon Heavy

Old April 12th 11, 04:23 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy
snidely

Default Falcon Heavy

David Spain scribbled something like ...

As a customer, I would give you the dimensions and the cost to 'rent'
space on the bus. You would have to design your payload to fit within
the bus and be compatible with the bus ejection mechanism, but that is
about it.

The February 2011 Scientific American has an article on the CubeSat
program, which already fits that description: "Citizen Satellites", pp 44
and following. The SciAm web site will have the opening paragraph of the
article available for free and the rest behind a paywall, but most
libraries will have hardcopy.

/dps
Old April 12th 11, 08:04 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy
David Spain

Default NOT Falcon Heavy

Snidely wrote:
David Spain scribbled something like ...

As a customer, I would give you the dimensions and the cost to 'rent'
space on the bus. You would have to design your payload to fit within
the bus and be compatible with the bus ejection mechanism, but that is
about it.

The February 2011 Scientific American has an article on the CubeSat
program, which already fits that description: "Citizen Satellites", pp 44
and following. The SciAm web site will have the opening paragraph of the
article available for free and the rest behind a paywall, but most
libraries will have hardcopy.

/dps

For $7.95 I downloaded the issue. Bingo! Seems I'm not as dumb as (a/my)
post(s)...

;-)

We'll see if, as the cost to occupy a slot in the bus goes down, it generates
enough interest and customers for Interorbital Systems to make a go of it. The
key to all of this is getting the cost of the LV down. If the LV costs $100
million I can't reap much $$$ benefit as a small player even if I split the
cost 100 ways. If the LV costs $10 million it gets interesting, $1 million
and it gets really interesting...

Sorry to have hijacked the tread: I've renamed this one NOT Falcon Heavy.

:-D

Dave
Old April 12th 11, 08:49 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy
David Spain

One last comment:

http://www.cubesat.org/

Today was the last day to get your presentation in...

Dave

Falcon Heavy David Spain Policy 8 April 12th 11 08:49 PM
Falcon 9 Heavy vs. Soviet N-1 Pat Flannery Policy 6 November 12th 09 11:41 PM
Falcon 9 Heavy vs. Soviet N-1 Pat Flannery Policy 0 November 9th 09 10:17 PM
Falcon 9 Heavy vs. Soviet N-1 Pat Flannery Policy 0 November 9th 09 10:06 PM
Falcon 9 Heavy vs. Soviet N-1 Pat Flannery Policy 0 November 9th 09 09:52 PM