Are non-earth dwellers on this newsgroup?

Old March 27th 11, 08:57 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Veritas

Default Are non-earth dwellers on this newsgroup?

Or is this newsgroup only for Earthlings?
Old March 28th 11, 12:27 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Mar 27, 1:57*pm, Veritas wrote:
Or is this newsgroup only for Earthlings?

That is a strange question to ask. As far as we know, no one who is
not an Earth dweller, with the possible exception of the astronauts
aboard the ISS, is in communication with the people of Earth. If
someone not from Earth came, we would not turn him away - but if
someone claiming not to be from Earth posted here, we would be
doubtful, and suspect that he was someone from Earth just being silly.

John Savard

Old March 28th 11, 05:34 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Skywise

"T.T." wrote in news:47Rjp.14236$MF5.9356
@viwinnwfe02.internal.bigpond.com:

We come in peace.

Shoot to kill. Shoot to kill, men.

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
Old March 28th 11, 07:31 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

Default Are non-earth dwellers on this newsgroup? (Rating *****)

Nano-nano, Brenda!

Would we recognise insanity in an alien? Would they recognise insanity
in us? Our terrestrial programming and conditioning might have made us
so warped and illogical that we simply cannot recognise ourselves
through the eyes of "others". Could "they" forgive us our sins?

Personally, I cannot imagine anybody finding the slightest interest in
spectator sports, computer games, hunting, religion, political parties
and musicals. Do aliens partake in such utterly pointless pastimes?
Would they think us too deranged to contact for precisely these
reasons? Could Broadway musicals be the only thing denying us free
access to the Encyclopaedia Galactica and the on-ramp to the Universal
Lightway Network. :-)

Old March 28th 11, 07:58 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Marty[_3_]

On Mar 27, 2:57*pm, Veritas wrote:
Or is this newsgroup only for Earthlings?

I live in a house.
Marty
Old March 28th 11, 09:40 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
copperhead

If they are among us, I hope they intervene pretty soon. It's getting
kinda spooky around here.
Old March 29th 11, 12:36 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

copperhead wrote:
If they are among us, I hope they intervene pretty soon. It's getting
kinda spooky around here.

That is just your ghosts haunting you
Old March 29th 11, 01:32 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Mar 27, 11:31*pm, "Chris.B" wrote:
Nano-nano, Brenda!

Would we recognise insanity in an alien? Would they recognise insanity
in us? Our terrestrial programming and conditioning might have made us
so warped and illogical that we simply cannot recognise ourselves
through the eyes of "others". Could "they" forgive us our sins?

Personally, I cannot imagine anybody finding the slightest interest in
spectator sports, computer games, hunting, religion, political parties
and musicals. Do aliens partake in such utterly pointless pastimes?
Would they think us too deranged to contact for precisely these
reasons? Could Broadway musicals be the only thing denying us free
access to the Encyclopaedia Galactica and the on-ramp to the Universal
Lightway Network. :-)

As far as I can tell, ZNRs and Semite approved KKK are ETs of the very
bad kind.

http://translate.google.com/#

Old March 31st 11, 03:55 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Too_Many_Tools

On Mar 27, 6:27*pm, Quadibloc wrote:
On Mar 27, 1:57*pm, Veritas wrote:

Or is this newsgroup only for Earthlings?

That is a strange question to ask. As far as we know, no one who is
not an Earth dweller, with the possible exception of the astronauts
aboard the ISS, is in communication with the people of Earth. If
someone not from Earth came, we would not turn him away - but if
someone claiming not to be from Earth posted here, we would be
doubtful, and suspect that he was someone from Earth just being silly.

John Savard

Well I am from California, does that count? ;)

TMT

What newsgroup is this? Jim[_26_] Misc 4 February 1st 11 12:59 AM
This newsgroup is done.... Johnny Borborigmi[_2_] Amateur Astronomy 1 September 27th 08 05:48 AM
How about a new newsgroup? Howard Lester Amateur Astronomy 29 September 15th 06 04:40 AM
so, someone, in some newsgroup... dave hillstrom Misc 80 September 2nd 06 12:40 AM
Newsgroup Help Doink Amateur Astronomy 3 July 5th 05 01:00 AM