Solar activity

Old February 8th 19, 11:00 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Solar activity

It is hard not to notice the activity of the area around the Sun in 2000 vs the steady condition of the Sun presently.

https://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data...current_c3.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L74B98ITKEA&t=271s

From the beginning of May 2000 and seen from the moving Earth there is a spectacular conglomeration of planetary motions while solar activity is also amazing. All it takes are astronomers to become familiar what planet is which by its motion to the Sun and to the Earth by their faster or slower motions and when they move in one direction and then the other as we look towards the inner solar system.

Such is the brilliance of modern technology.

Old February 10th 19, 09:51 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

As Mercury leaves the range of the satellite's imaging, there are still many things to consider.

https://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data...current_c3.gif

It references the stars and the constellations to the central Sun so although stellar circumpolar motion is gone as are all the other daily rotational traits (horizon to horizon, sunrise to sunset, ect), the rich vein of new observations shows themselves for those who already have adjusted to this 21st century technological equipment and the imaging it provides.

Even without the motions of the other planets in view, the Earth's own orbital motion is affirmed around our central star so it is an occasion to use the perspective with just a little imagination. Although I have picked the low-hanging fruit, there is so much more once the eyes and the mind adjust to the wider view and people are welcome to point out new approaches and perspectives minus RA/Dec or a celestial sphere framework of stars.

It is only a matter of time before it becomes just another way to do astronomy but appeals to higher reasoning and a people making their first journeys into our solar system neighbourhood.

Old February 16th 19, 01:58 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 12:51:08 AM UTC-8, Gerald Kelleher wrote:
[...]

Sorry, your babble is unintelligible.

Do you have a thesis? Your first post in this thread seems to suggest that the inner planets actually periodically reverse their orbital directions about the sun.

solar activity Brian Tung[_5_] Amateur Astronomy 6 July 26th 09 09:48 AM
Solar Activity Art Martini Solar 2 March 20th 08 05:26 AM
Solar activity? [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 27 June 25th 06 04:19 PM
SOLAR ACTIVITY: An M1-class solar flare erupted Monday at 0800 UT Sam Wormley Amateur Astronomy 2 July 13th 04 03:54 AM
solar activity martyp Amateur Astronomy 1 October 29th 03 12:49 AM