This way to nowhere

Old February 19th 10, 01:06 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
David Spain

Default This way to nowhere

"Greg D. Moore (Strider)" writes:

Pat Flannery wrote:
Rick Jones wrote:
The whole thing is covered with writing telling you where
you are, what particular systems on the exterior of the modules are,
and how to operate things.

Has Kilroy been there yet?-)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he shows up shortly. :-)
What it needs is a big red glowing button that has "DON'T EVER PUSH!"
written under it, and of course the inevitable glowing eye of the
HAL-9000. A tribble or two in the interior would also be a nice touch.

Pat

How about a sign that says, "Git 'r Done!"

I'd vote for one of those KING SIZE Hershey(tm) chocolate bars* floating
just far enough from the cupola to look like the Monolith from 2001.

Dave

*Yeah, yeah, I *know* what you're thinking, but I'm waaay ahead of you.
Before doing that, I'd make sure the Space Treaty was amended to BAN
Baby Ruth's from ALL spacecraft! There is NO REASON to treat them any
differently in space from nuclear warheads....

:-)
Old February 19th 10, 03:59 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)[_822_]

Pat Flannery wrote:
Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:

One of the drones from Silent Running...

Pat

That was about the only decent part in SW: Ep 1, the homage to Silent
Running.

I must have missed that part (I wish I'd missed the whole thing; I did
manage that on the two sequels) what exactly did they do?

Pat

It may just be my imagination, but when the R2 units were repairing the
Queen's craft as she was escaping Naboo very much reminded me of Silent
Running.

--
Greg Moore
Ask me about lily, an RPI based CMC.

Old February 19th 10, 04:52 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

David Spain wrote:
Easy way to solve that argument. First one to run out of air is wrong....
Were it so easy on Usenet... ;-)

According to the book "Dragonfly" this whole EVA got pretty heated, to
the point that Cosmonaut Solovyov claimed Cosmonaut Tsibiyev punched
Astronaut Jerry Linenger in the space helmet at one point.
Linenger said that EVA'ing was absolutely terrifying, as he felt like he
was falling towards the Earth the entire time, and he never wanted to do
a EVA again as long as he lived.

Pat
Old March 13th 10, 12:19 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Glen Overby[_1_]

In article tatelephone,
Pat Flannery wrote:
How the hell did "Mr. Small Government" Ron Paul get his name on that
letter?

Paul is a rep from Houston. Any questions?

-G