The Battle for Marjah: US Must Win with Both Hands Tied Behind it's Back

Old March 6th 10, 06:47 AM posted to us.military.army,sci.space.policy,sci.military.naval
Dan[_2_]

Default Afghan Push Went Beyond Traditional Military Goals

Fred J. McCall wrote:
"William Black" wrote:

:
wrote in message
:
:
: Nearly EVERYONE AGREES the terrorists are going to hit us again,
: probably a chemical nuke or biological weapon.
:
:Can you provide a reasonable means of production and a delivery system for
:such weapons?
:

Sure. For chemical, use a crop duster. For biological, infect some
of your own people and have them do things like ride airplanes and get
jobs in fast food places so they can spit in the food.

:
:It isn't as simple as it looks as the nerve gas railway bombers in Japan and
:the Anthrax envelope distributor in the USA both found out.
:

How hard or easy it is depends on the agent used and the purity you
can achieve.

So, what do you propose "we" do about it?

Dan
Old March 6th 10, 06:22 PM posted to us.military.army,sci.space.policy,sci.military.naval
frank

On Feb 26, 8:45*am, " wrote:
On Feb 26, 6:46 am, "William Black"
wrote:

"Fred J. McCall" wrote in messagenews:7ceeo5hv1amg7gvdiav235ou2n7d83k6om@4ax .com...

"William Black" wrote:

:
wrote in message
:
:
: Nearly EVERYONE AGREES the terrorists are going to hit us again,
: probably a chemical nuke or biological weapon.
:
:Can you provide a reasonable means of production and a delivery system
for
:such weapons?
:

Sure. For chemical, use a crop duster.

Wrong medium.

Crop dusters spread a fine powder of a specific size, and a crop duster
flying over a city may just wake someone up.

For biological, infect some

of your own people and have them do things like ride airplanes and get
jobs in fast food places so they can spit in the food.

Now that's interesting.

Which disease do you think would work?

Most of the highly infectious nasty ones are already innoculated against as
a matter of course.

Spreading flu across America isn't going to change the world...

--
William Black

terrorists dont necessarily need to kill thousands to disrupte our way
of life.

just down a few commercial airliners with SAMs, few will fly with such
a threat, and our travel and tourism industry will sink taking out a
big chunk of our economy

just fly some small bomb laden private planes down low into the big
oil refernies, and see gas costs triple overnite.

just get some dirty bomb material from the chernobyl region, send it
here with some regular explosives, and the pure chaos will kill far
more than died on 9 11. not from radiation but uncontrolled panic by a
unprepared population.

fly some small bomb laden privates planes into nuke plants spent fuel
rod cooling pools, they arent hardened at all, and make the entire
area for hundreds of miles a dead zone for a million years.

attack our power grid in mid wnter, bomb some main transmission lines,
while computers attack our power generator stations, ordering the
generators to close the cooling water valves and overspeed, destroying
the generators. which we no longer have the ability to manufacturer,
they all come from overseas, and we have few in stock, 6 months
minimum ordering time.not only would we lack electric to power
furnaces, but power to provide water to drink.

small private bomb laden planes flown into chemical plants near
populated areas........

obtain a couple EMP nuke bombs detonate at high altitude over US,
ruining nearly all computers we depend on most, power off, heat off,
water off.

this would require a bit more skill and money just perfect for iran or
other country to muck us up.

note the biggest hazard of all of these isnt the direct effect,
although no doubt some would die

the secondary effects of copmplete chaos and panic would be far worse.

of course Katrina proved the feds are ready to care for us in a
emergency

NOT NOT NOT!

the list is nearly endless

Working up the budget for Homeland Security again? Dont' forget the
script from Independence Day.