HA HA! NASA carbon satellite FAILS!

Old February 24th 09, 02:50 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.astro.amateur,alt.politics,can.politics
GW SCAM

Default HA HA! NASA carbon satellite FAILS!

Dear NASA; Stay the Hell out of the global warming SCAM! Explore SPACE
instead, like you used to.

NASA greenhouse gas satellite fails

* Story Highlights
* $273 million project was intended to study effect of greenhouse gases
* NASA: Crew members scrambling to figure out what went wrong with
satellite
* Problem arose several minutes into launch of a rocket carrying the
satellite

(CNN) -- NASA said early Tuesday that it failed to launch a satellite which
would have monitored greenhouse gases to study how they affect the Earth's
climate.

The rocket carrying the satellite launched at 1:55 a.m. PT (4:55 a.m. ET)
from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, but the "payload fairing
failed to separate," according to a statement on NASA's Web site.

The problems occurred several minutes into the launch.

"We have declared a launch contingency, meaning that we did not have a
successful launch tonight," said George Diller, an agency spokesman.

Project crew members on the ground were trying to determine the cause. NASA
scheduled a news conference for later in the morning to provide more
details.

The $273 million satellite, called the Orbiting Carbon Observatory, would
have collected "precise global measurements of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the
Earth's atmosphere" to help better forecast the changes in carbon dioxide
"and the effect that these changes may have on the Earth's climate."
Old February 24th 09, 02:59 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.astro.amateur
columbiaaccidentinvestigation

idiot...
Old February 24th 09, 03:03 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.astro.amateur
Sunny Malone

On Feb 24, 8:50*am, GW SCAM wrote:
[...]

And this is funny because............?
Old February 24th 09, 04:21 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.astro.amateur,alt.politics,can.politics
Iomass

Default Pro-pollution, global warming denialist flat earthers are nowclaiming victory because of the satellite's failure to launch and proclaimingthat it is a sign from God that science is lies and that pollution is the wayof the Lord!

Brainless right wing crap head GW SCAM wrote:

The $273 million satellite, called the Orbiting Carbon Observatory, would
have collected "precise global measurements of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the
Earth's atmosphere" to help better forecast the changes in carbon dioxide
"and the effect that these changes may have on the Earth's climate."

Evidently, pro-pollution, global warming denialist flat earthers are
Old February 24th 09, 05:09 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Feb 24, 7:50*am, GW SCAM wrote:
[...]

Hey Rich why do you choose to keep using these fake names? Is it
because you are ashamed of your posts? Or is it because you don't
people to realize just what a sad little person you are, kinda like
Nancy the zeta reticulan, or Brad Guth or maybe Danny Minn
Old February 24th 09, 05:32 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Feb 24, 7:50*am, GW SCAM wrote:
[...]

How many more millions are they going to spend to re-do this? What a
waste of resources.
Old February 24th 09, 05:34 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Feb 24, 8:50*am, GW SCAM wrote:
Dear NASA; *Stay the Hell out of the global warming SCAM! *Explore SPACE
instead, like you used to.

Why in the world would ANYONE cheer the failure of a NASA satellite
designed to provide accurate measurements of CO2 concentrations --
with an important piece of data that we're all fighting about?

Whether you're an AGW Believer or an AGW Skeptic/Denier, isn't "good
science" what we need to determine the truth about CO2 and climate
change? And isn't good data part of what we need to do "good
science"?

The idea that we should be happy about the CO2 satellite crashing just
sounds to me like a recommendation that we should do climate science
in the future by relying on Roman priests examing the patterns of bird
entrails.

As for the idea that NASA should explore "outer space" -- places where
most humans will never go -- to the exclusion of providing important
information about conditions affecting the Earth, where most of us are
always going to live -- that's daft.

Thankfully, NASA expeditions and other efforts at exploring space have
already helped in the development of weather satellites,
communications satellites, etc. It's just perverse as well as utterly
impractical to suggest that this is wrong, and that the only
legitimate function of NASA is to explore conditions on Mars or
Jupiter or Uranus.

Old February 24th 09, 06:54 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.astro.amateur
James

wrote in message
On Feb 24, 8:50 am, GW SCAM wrote:
[...]

-------------------------------
For once I agree with you somewhat. There is no point in cheering a
failed launch. It's merely taxpayer money going down the drain. OTOH,
there should be no missions based on the bias of a contoversial
hypothesis such as GW. The scientific way would include an open
discussion. It's no longer scientific now and most here know that it
never was. It was a misleading, lying and exaggeration from the very
beginning but it's hard to combat when the PR has been as heavy as this.
The public hasn't fallen for it but since it's such a political thing
now that anything to bolster the hypothesis is fine. If it doesn't do
that, it's merely explained away as it has in the past. That makes it
money down the drain as well, based on continued dogma.

Carbon Satellite Lost on Launch Bluuuue Rajah Astronomy Misc 21 March 1st 09 02:01 AM
Russkian satellite fails to reach orbit snidely Space Science Misc 1 October 28th 05 08:26 PM
NASA Fails Again Double-A Misc 5 April 17th 05 02:03 PM
NASA Fails To Account For Billions In Cost Rudolph_X Astronomy Misc 0 April 7th 04 07:32 PM