A correction to my own book, Viking rocket

Old August 26th 05, 08:28 AM
Pat Flannery

Pat Flannery wrote:

I would like it noted that in deference to female sci.space.history
posters, I did not right a parody entitled "The **** In The Cap" ;-)

That's "write", not "right"- I've had a few.
(and intend to have a few more) ;-)

Pat
Old August 26th 05, 08:46 AM
Dale

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 02:20:26 -0500, Pat Flannery wrote:

I would like it noted that in deference to female sci.space.history
posters, I did not right a parody entitled "The **** In The Cap" ;-)

Duly noted. I'm sure you scored lots of bonus points with them by pointing
it out, as well

Dale
Old August 26th 05, 12:44 PM
Pat Flannery

Dale wrote:

Duly noted. I'm sure you scored lots of bonus points with them by pointing
it out, as well

Restraint is the very basis of civility.
Besides, "Green Eggs And Ham" had a far easier rhyme scheme. ;-)

Pat
Old August 26th 05, 01:01 PM
Pat Flannery

Pat Flannery wrote:

Restraint is the very basis of civility.
Besides, "Green Eggs And Ham" had a far easier rhyme scheme. ;-)
Pat

And I'm still looking forward to doing "One State, Two State, Red State,
Blue State." on November 12th, 2006.

Pat

Old August 26th 05, 07:47 PM
Herb Schaltegger

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:35:16 -0500, Ami Silberman wrote
(in article ):

"bombardmentforce" wrote in message
oups.com...
For example for the past week you've been talking about a "space
battleship"

Check again, my most common reference, in thread, is to DSBF, or to the
JFK model. I've replied to the battleship metaphor with same to avoid
the side issue, but the term is not my favorite.

The actual model presented to JFK had heavy, missle weapons, and light
armor. So the correct nautical metaphor class would not be the
battleship. As configured for the 5 hour stealth attack run it would be
most like a sub in many ways.

Sounds more like a CGN (Guided Missile Cruiser, with Nuclear Propulsion) to
me.

Especially in the complete lack of stealthiness part (that Little
General LeMay here can't understand).

Note, also, all the weird groups the little trolling ******* keeps
adding to the headers (which I've removed).

--
"Fame may be fleeting but obscurity is forever." ~Anonymous
"I believe as little as possible and know as much as I can."

Old August 26th 05, 09:08 PM
Post Post Colonial Boy

On 25 Aug 2005 16:57:30 -0700, "bombardmentforce"
wrote:

Innumerate poetry in the service of technophobia is no virtue.

Scenario parameters extract: RVEL +20,297.304 meters/second

P.S.

Dr. Suess was a commie *******.

You say that like its a bad thing...

Nik
Old August 26th 05, 09:42 PM
OM

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:14:51 -0400, Josh Hill
wrote:

"Anyone who would fight on the Internet would steal sheep."

....No, that's anyone who'd start a fight *and* refuse to cite source
and/or facts upon demand -****s- sheep. And goats.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old August 26th 05, 11:01 PM
bombardmentforce

Especially in the complete lack of stealthiness part

Do you now understand the lack of heat generation by an inactive Orion
engine? What references could you point to to prove your point if not?

Old August 27th 05, 02:21 AM
Jim Davis

bombardmentforce wrote:

For example for the past week you've been talking about a "space
battleship"

Check again, my most common reference, in thread, is to DSBF, or
to the JFK model. I've replied to the battleship metaphor with
same to avoid the side issue, but the term is not my favorite.

Fine. Can you describe this "DSBF" in scientific
detail? Can you answer questions about it in a straightforward
scientific manner?

The actual model presented to JFK had heavy, missle weapons, and
light armor. So the correct nautical metaphor class would not be
the battleship. As configured for the 5 hour stealth attack run
it would be most like a sub in many ways.

No doubt your next post will contain all the exciting details.

Did I miss something?

No doubt.

Your posts, so far, have no math.

Well, that's because your posts don't have enough detail for a
mathematical analysis.

Do you
have any math abilities you are hiding?

Do you have any math abilities at all?

Do you have a copy of
Orbiter?

No.

Can you get Pat's uranium cubes into battle for him?

Pat can defend his own proposals.

He
has failed to find a plausible launch option.

The two of you have that in common at least.

The last two questions are not rhetorical, put up or shut up. I
expect hard simulation numbers, if you are less innumerate than
the crowd.

chuckle

You quite take my breath away. *You* refuse to supply even the most
basic details about your "DSBF" proposal but then have the colossal
effrontery to turn around and demand hard simulation numbers from
*me*.

Jim Davis

Old August 27th 05, 02:38 AM
OM

On 27 Aug 2005 01:21:59 GMT, Jim Davis
wrote:

Can you describe this "DSBF" in scientific detail?

....In his case, it's his initials preceded by his fetish. Dog Sucking.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr