SAC IV or ToUcam?

Old April 26th 04, 10:49 PM
Charles C.

Default SAC IV or ToUcam?

I'm looking for something to do planetary, lunar, and later solar
imaging, no long exposures as my equitment won't support them. I've been
looking at the specs for the CCD chips in both the SAC IV and Philips
ToUcam Pro II 840k (scopetronix has it) and they seem very similar.
Will the SAC IV give a better image than the toucam? I understand the
housing is probably sturdier on the sac, but is there any other reason I
should consider it over the toucam. -I'm assuming the toucam will do
1/5 sec out of the box..? Thanks alot for the help.

Charles C.

Old May 1st 04, 06:34 PM
Charles C.

Thanks for the replies. I have an old Quickcam 3000 that I've been
experimenting with. Using K3CCDTOOLS I got the exposure down to 1/5s,
but haven't had a chance to try to image Jupiter. I did take some moon
photos although seeing was very bad. There was a very bright halo
effect around the moon due to the moisture.

Taken at prime focus with a C102HD without tracking. Best frames
selected from avi. They are all single exposures.

1/25s
http://web.infoave.net/~clayton/moonm.jpg