Is it a UFO? Sun halo sparks fear and jokes in Mexico

Old May 29th 15, 12:46 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Is it a UFO? Sun halo sparks fear and jokes in Mexico

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 12:44:13 PM UTC-4, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Tue, 26 May 2015 17:25:45 +0100 (BST), "Rodney Pont"
wrote:

The moon is out and visible at the moment from the UK. The sun is high
to the west and the moon is up there to the south east, it probably
hasn't risen in the US yet but keep a look out after lunch and if you
have clear skies it will be visible.

Of course, I see it all the time during the day.

You know to look for it. The question is: Did you learn that it is visible during the daytime, or was that pointed out to you?

Old May 29th 15, 03:26 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath

On Fri, 29 May 2015 02:29:44 +0100, Bob Neumann wrote
this crap:

Sundogs (technically parhelia) and halos are usually caused by high
level ice crystals, so it is very likely that they are very uncommonly
seen in Mexico City. You, on the other hand, come over as a patronising
twit; and people like you can be seen all over the place.

Ice crystals over Mexico City? This seems to support my hypothesis
that a new ice age is beginning.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old May 29th 15, 03:39 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Friday, May 29, 2015 at 8:26:34 AM UTC-6, Lord Vath wrote:

Ice crystals over Mexico City? This seems to support my hypothesis
that a new ice age is beginning.

You won't escape from the truth of AGW that easily!

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news.../05mar_arctic/

https://www.theatlantic.com/past/doc...an/climate.htm

John Savard
Old May 29th 15, 04:16 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Fri, 29 May 2015 10:26:32 -0400, Lord Vath
wrote:

Ice crystals over Mexico City? This seems to support my hypothesis
that a new ice age is beginning.

You don't have to go very high for the air temperature to drop below
freezing, anywhere on Earth. Clouds made of ice crystals are common
enough in the tropics.
Old May 29th 15, 04:58 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath

On Fri, 29 May 2015 07:39:15 -0700 (PDT), Quadibloc
wrote this crap:

On Friday, May 29, 2015 at 8:26:34 AM UTC-6, Lord Vath wrote:

Ice crystals over Mexico City? This seems to support my hypothesis
that a new ice age is beginning.

You won't escape from the truth of AGW that easily!

http://science.nasaasa/2004/05mar_arctic/

https://wwues/98jan/climate.htm

John Savard

You do realize that those are out of date, don't you? Science is
always about the present and future.

Old May 29th 15, 05:00 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath

wrote:

Ice crystals over Mexico City? This seems to support my hypothesis
that a new ice age is beginning.

You don't have to go very high for the air temperature to drop below
freezing, anywhere on Earth. Clouds made of ice crystals are common
enough in the tropics.

See? It's happening already.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe

Russian rocket reentry sparks Colorado fireball spectacular Jim Oberg Policy 39 January 8th 07 03:40 PM
Russian rocket reentry sparks Colorado fireball spectacular Jim Oberg Misc 39 January 8th 07 03:40 PM
jokes please Mick Amateur Astronomy 3 June 20th 06 01:10 AM
Meteorite hits Cambodia, sparks fires Algomeysa2 Amateur Astronomy 4 January 26th 05 10:19 PM
Meteorite hits Cambodia, sparks fires Algomeysa2 Misc 0 January 26th 05 06:19 PM