New ice age beginning

Old May 26th 15, 03:40 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default New ice age beginning

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 10:27:28 AM UTC-4, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Tue, 26 May 2015 07:03:20 -0700 (PDT), wsnell01 wrote:

Then you would prefer that the climate get -colder- ?

That would probably have a lower impact on human society than warming.

That is a assertion made without either proof or evidence.
Old May 26th 15, 03:48 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 10:12:44 AM UTC-4, Lord Vath wrote:
On Tue, 26 May 2015 07:03:20 -0700 (PDT), wsnell01 wrote
this crap:

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 9:28:15 AM UTC-4, Sam Wormley wrote:
On 5/20/15 7:04 PM, Lord Vath wrote:
We've been getting colder winters for the past five years. It's
become a pattern.

It was getting colder until fossil fuel burning started raising
CO2 levels.

Then you would prefer that the climate get -colder- ?

Not me.

Me either. A colder climate would most certainly lead to a shorter growing season, a smaller harvest, and a greater risk of famine and starvation.

I still haven't been to my yacht club and been on my yacht this year.
I still haven't been to my country club and been out golfing this
year. Only this morning has it been warm enough to go for a bike ride
at dawn. Only this morning has it been warm enough to crank out my
retractable awning over my back deck.

Please accept my condolences on the effect that this poor weather has had on your "chosen lifestyle" (as peterson would call it.) The great thing about not being a warmingista is that one can have a more objective and balanced perspective about the real world.

Old May 26th 15, 03:58 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 10:53:15 AM UTC-4, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Tue, 26 May 2015 07:40:01 -0700 (PDT), wsnell01 wrote:

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 10:27:28 AM UTC-4, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Tue, 26 May 2015 07:03:20 -0700 (PDT), wsnell01 wrote:

Then you would prefer that the climate get -colder- ?

That would probably have a lower impact on human society than warming.

That is a assertion made without either proof or evidence.

Decadal sea surface temperature oscillations (primarily in the
Pacific) produce cyclical patterns of continental warming and cooling
over the northern temperate latitudes. Cooling is associated with an
increase in moisture, warming with an increase in droughts. So crop
yields are higher with cooler average temperatures. Also, cooler
temperatures have a greater impact in winter than summer, which also
means they have less impact on people, outside of some minor
inconvenience. Cooler temperatures also reduce the intensity of summer
storms (which tend to be the most dangerous and destructive), and may
reduce hurricane intensity.

So it is hardly unreasonable to suggest that a minor, slow cooling
trend would have less negative impact on the world than the current
rapid heating trend.

Now you just made assertionS (PLURAL) without either proof or evidence.
Old May 26th 15, 04:01 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 10:58:13 AM UTC-4, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Tue, 26 May 2015 07:48:28 -0700 (PDT), wsnell01 wrote:

Me either. A colder climate would most certainly lead to a shorter growing season, a smaller harvest, and a greater risk of famine and starvation.

It is completely established that the current warming is reducing crop
yields worldwide, primarily due to the drought it creates.

Another assertion made without proof or evidence.

Also, as
CO2 levels increase that also results in poorer yields for most of the
important staple crops. These almost certainly outweigh the harms of a
growing season reduced in length by a few days.

Another assertion made without proof or evidence.

Old May 26th 15, 04:07 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 11:02:00 AM UTC-4, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Tue, 26 May 2015 07:58:16 -0700 (PDT), wsnell01 wrote:

So it is hardly unreasonable to suggest that a minor, slow cooling
trend would have less negative impact on the world than the current
rapid heating trend.

Now you just made assertionS (PLURAL) without either proof or evidence.

I explained the reason for the assertions, which are backed up by
solid science.

Incorrect.

Beginning again (was Yet another angle on the beginning...) oldcoot[_2_] Misc 0 January 20th 09 03:37 PM
What was Before the Beginning? G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 17 February 27th 07 04:28 AM
A beginning? G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 0 November 23rd 05 10:01 PM
How the end becomes the beginning Southern Hospitality Misc 0 February 8th 05 04:11 AM