Angry Astronauts Write Letter

Old April 14th 10, 12:36 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Rick Jones[_3_]

Default Angry Astronauts Write Letter

In sci.space.history Pat Flannery wrote:
They do not like the new space plans, they do not like them Obama-I-Am:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36470363/ns/nightly_news/
And yet another letter from the NASA Space Cowboys accusing the
president of confusing his mass with his ass, his angle with his dangle,
and being a no-good dirt farmer trying to fence in the high frontier:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/new...estuff/?p=4052
No word about how Big Chuck Bolden of the Lazy Star Ranch will deal with
this stampede by the old NASA longhorns, but it's going to take a mighty
big lasso to bring all these runaway doggies to heel.

I wonder if the NASA Space Cowboys have made sure NASA has veto-proof
funding for their Government Issue Buck Rogers? If not, Obam-I-Am
might get progressive on their ass and make them shut *all* their
things up in the box with a hook and then walk away with a sad kind of
look.

rick jones
Old April 14th 10, 01:52 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
David Spain

Pat Flannery writes:

On 4/13/2010 3:36 PM, Rick Jones wrote:

I wonder if the NASA Space Cowboys have made sure NASA has veto-proof
funding for their Government Issue Buck Rogers? If not, Obam-I-Am
might get progressive on their ass and make them shut *all* their
things up in the box with a hook and then walk away with a sad kind of
look.

"Funding...come back funding, come back!"
But Obama just rode on into the sunset.

Pat

But I reckon you'all can keep Ol' Yeller Aries if I kin get me some
more o them victuals and you'll trade me that there ol horny toad
Soyuz for 'em.

But then Ol' Aries falls victim to rabid cost overruns, and poor
Obama takes the family gun and puts us all out of misery....

Poor Ol' Aries, I ain't never want no program agin....

Dave
Old April 14th 10, 02:23 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Rick Jones[_3_]

On 4/13/2010 4:52 PM, David Spain wrote:

But I reckon you'all can keep Ol' Yeller Aries if I kin get me
some more o them victuals and you'll trade me that there ol horny
toad Soyuz for 'em.

But then Ol' Aries falls victim to rabid cost overruns, and poor
Obama takes the family gun and puts us all out of misery....

Poor Ol' Aries, I ain't never want no program agin....

"Now who can argue with that? I think we're all in debt to David
Spain for stating what needed to be said. I am particularly glad
that younger newsgroup readers are here today to read that
speech. Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, it expressed
the courage little seen in this day and age." ;-)

Boosters?!? We don't need no stinking boosters!

Usenet free-association is a very dangerous thing

rick jones
--
web2.0 n, the dot.com reunion tour...

Old April 14th 10, 04:30 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
They do not like the new space plans, they do not like them Obama-I-Am:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36470363/ns/nightly_news/
And yet another letter from the NASA Space Cowboys accusing the president
of confusing his mass with his ass, his angle with his dangle, and being a
no-good dirt farmer trying to fence in the high frontier:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/new...estuff/?p=4052
No word about how Big Chuck Bolden of the Lazy Star Ranch will deal with
this stampede by the old NASA longhorns, but it's going to take a mighty
big lasso to bring all these runaway doggies to heel.

These are big names "in space", but they're astronauts who've benefited in
the past from the existing government run space program. Biased viewpoint?
Absolutely.

Jeff
--
"Take heart amid the deepening gloom
that your dog is finally getting enough cheese" - Deteriorata - National

Old April 14th 10, 05:24 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Bob Myers

On 4/13/2010 8:28 PM, Pat Flannery wrote:
They do not like the new space plans, they do not like them Obama-I-Am:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36470363/ns/nightly_news/
And yet another letter from the NASA Space Cowboys accusing the
president of confusing his mass with his ass, his angle with his
dangle, and being a no-good dirt farmer trying to fence in the high
frontier:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/new...estuff/?p=4052
No word about how Big Chuck Bolden of the Lazy Star Ranch will deal
with this stampede by the old NASA longhorns, but it's going to take a
mighty big lasso to bring all these runaway doggies to heel.

Pat

Just for another data point (seriously; I'm not taking a position either
way, at least not in this post), Edgar Mitchell (Apollo 14 LM pilot)
wrote, in a one-page essay entitled "Let's fix NASA, then explore the
solar system" (Electronic Engineering Times, March 8, 2010):

"The Obama Administration, boxed in by a collapsed global economy
and corporate excess, has made the correct, albeit unpopular, decision
on reinventing the nation's space agency while providing a needed
course correction for manned spaceflight. I only wish the President
and his advisors hadn't been forced to make their decisions under
the preset economic circumstances."

More at:

http://www.eetimes.com/showArticle.j...leID=223101600

Yes, this is the same Ed Mitchell who has claimed UFOs are real, etc.,
etc. - but I'm not going to dismiss the man's opinions on those grounds,
as that would be mere ad hominem arguing. And I'll note that his
article did generate some discussion, and was offered as part of a
"point/counterpoint" argument on the EE Times site:

http://www.eetimes.com/showArticle.j...leID=224400205

Bob M.

Old April 14th 10, 07:13 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
lephone...
On 4/14/2010 7:30 AM, Jeff Findley wrote:

These are big names "in space", but they're astronauts who've benefited
in
the past from the existing government run space program. Biased
viewpoint?
Absolutely.

It would be interesting to know if any of them are currently on some sort
of aerospace related company payroll in one way or another.
The president does have one supporter for his space plan though; that
madcap dancer, Buzz Aldrin.

Buzz is an attention whore; always has been, always will be.

Jeff