worst space movie?

Old October 6th 03, 01:09 AM
Scott Lowther

Default worst space movie?

Scott Hedrick wrote:

"Andrew Gray" wrote in message
. ..
Where do you see the "love of a good woman" anywhere near Bill Clinton??
Remember, one of the important words here is "GOOD."

Now, Scott, you're a scientifically literate man; the chance that *none*
of the women were good, given the population size, is just too small to
contemplate ;-)

I believe that "good", for purposes of this discussion, is more in the sense
of "virtuous" than "highly bedable". As such, the "good" women refuse to be
seen with him.

Well... what are your standards for "highly bedable?" Do they include
"Hillary Rodham Clinton?" Shudder...

I'm still of the opinion that "good", however you mean it, is a concept
far removed from the Clintons.

--
Scott Lowther, Engineer
Remove the obvious (capitalized) anti-spam
Old October 6th 03, 01:13 AM
Scott Hedrick

"KERSPLOSH" wrote in message
Actually, I am the one that is skeptical that women cause Republicans.

Without a woman involved, *nobody* happens.
--
If you have had problems with Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC),
please contact shredder at bellsouth dot net. There may be a class-action

---

Old October 6th 03, 05:21 AM
OM

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 00:09:35 GMT, Scott Lowther
wrote:

I'm still of the opinion that "good", however you mean it, is a concept
far removed from the Clintons.

....Being products of selective inbreeding causes that.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old October 6th 03, 05:23 AM
OM

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 19:26:37 -0400, Kevin Willoughby
wrote:

Best rocket launch on film is in the 3D IMAX film Space Station. The
launch nearly destroys the camera!

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old October 6th 03, 06:21 AM
KERSPLOSH

"KERSPLOSH" wrote in message
Actually, I am the one that is skeptical that women cause Republicans.

Without a woman involved, *nobody* happens.

True, and that was said. But do women cause Republicans? or, the "love of a
good woman" cause Republicans? I thought Republicans were caused by a
combination of bad taste in footwear and a strong herding instinct.

Let's face it, like Ronald Reagan, it took the love of a good woman to turn
Heinlein from the dark side of liberalism to the shining light of reason.

So women cause Republicans?

Old October 6th 03, 06:23 AM
KERSPLOSH

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 17:08:50 GMT, Reed Snellenberger
wrote:

If Tea Leoni (playing the newsbabe whose facial and vocal expressions
ran the gamut from A to A) and Charles Martin Smith (playing the
quickly-dead astronomer) had switched roles, it would have been a better
flick.

Tea's pretty (at times), but the word "vapid" was created in
anticipation of her on-screen persona.

She's actually pretty good at comedy. Why she thought she could be a
dramatic actress is beyond me.

She had that one season comedy show - I thought that was great.
Old October 6th 03, 11:17 AM
James Steven York

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 06:10:44 -0600, OM
om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org
wrote:

...I still like this film, especially since it's got the most
realistic miniature rocket launch prior to "Apollo 13". The bouncing
of the debris in front of the camera is what makes it look that real.

There's a darned realistic shuttle launch in MOONRAKER.

Old October 6th 03, 01:18 PM
Scott Hedrick

"KERSPLOSH" wrote in message
"KERSPLOSH" wrote in message
Actually, I am the one that is skeptical that women cause Republicans.

Without a woman involved, *nobody* happens.

True, and that was said. But do women cause Republicans?

If women cause *everyone*, then of course they cause Republicans as well.

Old October 7th 03, 06:38 AM
Kevin Willoughby

In article ,
om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy... _facility.org says...
wrote:
Best rocket launch on film is in the 3D IMAX film Space Station. The
launch nearly destroys the camera!

I wasn't trying to correct you, just expand the discussion beyond the
particular limitation you chose.

Lift the "miniature" restriction, and my comment about Space Station
still stands.
--
Kevin Willoughby lid

Imagine that, a FROG ON-OFF switch, hardly the work
for test pilots. -- Mike Collins