Pictures of the Aurora

Old October 29th 03, 08:56 PM
Elysium Fossa

Default Pictures of the Aurora

Just got these............unbelievable, even through the hazy sky and cloud
near Peterborough (52N)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steven....9_194601AA.JPG

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steven....9_193532AA.JPG

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steven....9_193251AA.JPG

Old October 29th 03, 09:07 PM
Richard

Hi

Great pictures from an area not normally ideal for the aurora. I am
on the Moray Firth in Scotland and have just been watching the display
overhead and beyond the zenith to the south. I have only seen bits of
display in between showers but, from what I have seen, it is a lot
less bright than the display on 13 Mar 1989 when, from here, 7/8 of
the sky was covered.

To see some images I have taken from Scotland over the years, please
visit my website at;

www.morayskies.ontheweb.com

Hope you enjoy them and here's to many more aurorae.

Richard
57" 42' N, 3" 26' W

Old October 30th 03, 01:37 AM
Lilian

Default Pictures of the Aurora (from Southampton)

Got my first photos from Southampton at www.lilianhobbs.com under My
Telescope & Dome

Lilian

Old October 30th 03, 07:09 AM
Ron Atkin

Great pictures, just what I saw around 20:00hrs.

--
Ron Atkin
Peterborough. UK.