ASTRO: M27 (for a change ;-)

Old July 21st 10, 10:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: M27 (for a change ;-)

M27 is sort of the M51 of summer skies, I snap some images every year. Not
always long series, sometimes just to make sure that it is still there.
This year I managed to get 3.75 hours in one of our short nights, which
means that I imaged well into dawn, which is not really a problem with
Halpha images.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with Meade 10" ACF at f/7.3 on a G11 mount,
SXV-H9 camera, Baader Ha, OIII and RGB filters. 10x10 minutes Halpha, 8x10m
OIII, 3x5m each RGB combined to a wild mix of narrow band and RGB.

As M27 looks so much different through different filters I'll include the
links to several versions:
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp4/M27colourgut.jpg
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp4/M27Ha-10x10.jpg
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp4/M27OIII-8x10.jpg
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp4/M27RGB.jpg

Stefan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M27colourgut.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	228.5 KB
ID:	3045

Old July 23rd 10, 11:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Glen Youman

Looking good Stefan.

I too hit m 27 and m 57 each summer in hopes of improving on my
images.

It's nice to have a bright object every so often.