SETI/OSETI LL-1 Galactic Drifter prototype

Old September 10th 06, 02:59 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.astro.seti,uk.sci.astronomy,soc.culture.scientists
Brad Guth[_2_]

Default SETI/OSETI LL-1 Galactic Drifter prototype

With regards to the topic of our sending out a super-fast deep space
probe for obtaining a better SETI/OSETI look-see, and otherwise for the
perfectly honorable intentions of transmitting various packets that'll
inform ETs that we too exist. Perhaps we need to start this sort of
effort a little closer to home, especially since photons travel so much
faster and more efficiently than anything physical.

Galactic Drifter SETI (update): http://galacticdrifter.blogspot.com/

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.s...2753733d89dca6
gds; Additional info at http://groups.myspace.com/galacticdrifterseti

Such a exploritory transponder/beacon craft need not be nearly as large
as previously thought, and if it were to be using the
Ra--LRn--Rn--ion as it's 1600 year half life thruster that's offering
a fairly terrific Isp and of subsequent hefty ion exit velocity, as such
should not prevent the craft from easily exceeding the 450 km/s mark,
especially once getting itself past the Sol/Sirius Lagrange waypoint of
mutual nullification, whereas from that point on the terrific gravity
influence of the Sirius/ab potential, and taking advantage of the much
less populated ISM, should rather quickly make 3,000 km/s into a done
deal, passing through the Sirius star/solar system at perhaps 30,000
km/s.

"William Elliot" wrote in message
et.com
We'd be very stupid to attract attention of alien civilization. It's
better to sneak up on them to know how much nice resource of theirs we can
get and how well armed they are. Imagine the disaster should some
hyper-commercial mega-exploitive technological advanced uncivilized
Bu****e race like US were to discover our lush, trivially defended and
media mesmerized Earth. After all their hard work obtaining whole Earth
ownership, to be disposed by some little gay green aliens of their
rightful loot. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh, even CEO options with be confiscated by
alien unworthies.

I personally don't believe it's nearly as interspecies risky business as
some of us obviously think. Sending out our SOS beacons of various
microwave formats and also via highly focused and thus carefully
targeted laser cannon packets is perfectly doable and otherwise
extremely signal efficient from within the extremely nearby LL-1 zone.
Therefore a nearby station-keeping transponder and many other science
worthy platform duties can multitask it's little self to death if need
be.

If our ongoing space exploration push comes down to shove, I'm thinking
we can hold our own. After all, if ETs were merely half as smart as us,
and thereby having instead of waging continual wars over their few
remaining resources of yellowcake, oil and coal, nor having wasted
trillions upon trillions per decade after decade by way of having
perpetrated various cold-wars, and of otherwise by not having staged
phony baloney space explorations to places where DNA as we know it can't
possibly survive, whereas at perhaps not even 10% the equivalent
investment of our ongoing 911/Iraq fiasco that has no apparent light at
the end of it's tunnel, as such they'd already be kicking our sorry
butts, and summarily taking whatever they damn well felt like taking.

Venusian Cathars (good or bad) or perhaps as merely exoskeletal
heathens, or even via those of their visiting ETs, are not likely to
impose that much of a threat compared to ourselves.

Do any of you folks honestly think ETs that are smart enough for their
having accomplished interstellar/interplanetary travel would ever have
to bother with inventing an excuse of our having WMD, before invading
us?

What sort of ET in their right mind would so much as dare to become
infected with the incest of human and other forms of badly mutated DNA,
much of which having become insurmountably lethal to our own kind, and
then to what supposed advanced civilization of ETs would so much as dare
allow one of their own kind back into the fold once having been infected
with Earth ???

Do Ets ever use infomercial-science or have to depend upon those
conditional laws of physics as they wag-thy-dogs? If so, why?

Why would any ET or halfwhit intelligent creator that's worth their
salt, that's in any way capable of terraforming or simply extending
their reach onto another world or moon that's worth the effort, ever
need to learn of or otherwise benefit from our extensive pagan expertise
in bigotry, arrogance and greed?

Is there such a thing as an over-population problem for space traveling
ETs?

In the past we've tried the various "sneaking up on them" methods as
practiced on our own kind, and upon the sorts of folks that weren't
supposed to be half as smart as our resident LLPOF warlord(GW Bush), and
thus far it hasn't quite worked according to plan. It seems we can't
even manage to sneak up on Castro nor that of an Iraqi oil well, much
less Usama bin Laden. Therefore, what chance in hell have we against
ETs?

Secondly, of any supposed "hyper-commercial mega-exploitive
technological advanced uncivilized Bu****e race like US" could be rather
easily taken out by way of merely inviting them to go quail hunting with
our very own WMD/(lose cannon) Dick Cheney, or we could always depend
upon setting a good example by way of using our Rumsfeld and Cheney
approved methods of inhumane torture.

Perhaps our pathetic and somewhat irrational antics will cause ETs to
laugh themselves to death.
-

"If you're not looking for the truth, you will not find it."
-Brad Guth

"To believe with certainty we must begin with doubting."
-Stanislaus I

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes,
but having new eyes."
-Marcel Proust

"Truth is given, not to be contemplated, but to be done. Life is an
action, not a thought."
-F.W. Robertson
~
Even grumpy old Kurt Vonnegut would have to agree that; WAR is WAR, thus
"in war there are no rules" - In fact, war has been the very reason why
honest folks are having to deal with the likes of others that haven't
been exactly playing by whatever the supposed rules, such as our
resident LLPOF warlord(GW Bush) having invented WMD seems to come to
mind.

Life upon Venus, a township w/Bridge & ET/UFO Park-n-Ride Tarmac:
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-town.htm
The Russian/China LSE-CM/ISS (Lunar Space Elevator)
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/lunar-space-elevator.htm
Venus ETs, plus the updated sub-topics; Brad Guth / GASA-IEIS
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-topics.htm

Old September 12th 06, 08:25 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.astro.seti,uk.sci.astronomy,soc.culture.scientists
Brad Guth[_2_]

Wow! This anti-think-tank of a naysay Usenet from hell doesn't get much
better than this, does it.
-
Brad Guth

Old September 17th 06, 11:23 PM posted to sci.astro.seti,sci.space.history,uk.sci.astronomy,soc.culture.scientists
Brad Guth[_2_]

Wow! Thank God that this anti-think-tank of such a wussy naysay Usenet
from hell doesn't get much better off than this, does it.

Contribute whatever's of a direct solid benefit to the cause and all of
the sudden those SETI/OSETI lights go out.
-
Brad Guth

Old September 20th 06, 06:32 PM posted to sci.astro.seti,sci.space.history,uk.sci.astronomy,soc.culture.scientists
Brad Guth[_2_]

Can't talk honest science, much less physics-101 logic within SETI/OSETI
without taking a butt load of their status quo flak. Thus any serious
SETI/OSETI platform within the moon's L-1 zone is still
taboo/nondisclosure. That's too bad, because of how energy efficient
and multi-tasking effective such a science platform would have been as
of decades ago, and at not 10% the cost of one of our hocus-pocus Apollo
missions.

The matter of fact(s) that our moon is physically, electrostatically and
radioactively as hot if not hotter and nastier as any badlands worth of
whatever our Van Allen belts have to deliver, to the extent of that
lunar environment being far more than somewhat DNA and otherwise
physically lethal, is further proof upon so much other evidence of how
badly we've been lied to by our own kind. Gee whiz, what a total
surprise, whereas when has that ever happened before?

I see that this topic as well as our "Earth w/o Magnetosphere, w/o Moon"
and being "Global Warmed to Death via moon" has no apparent meaning
within Usenet's infomercial-science, nor that of Usenet's
conditional-physics that has to follow suit, or else. Apparently
infomercial-history makes the little mater of our moon having once upon
a time given Earth a physical impact or two, and having provided a few
teratonnes worth of it's salty ice, as well as that of an ongoing energy
impact upon our global warming fiasco is almost as pointless as is that
of honestly discussing our failing magnetosphere, or much less the
prospects of the China/Russian LSE-CM/ISS which essentially represents
the absolute ultimate holy grail of high ground.

I guess the laws of Usenet physics are simply once again based upon the
usual space-toilet skewed format of their typical brown-nosed minion's
mindset of infomercial-science, that which must always dictate as to
whatever those conditional laws of physics must thereby and at all cost
represent.

No wonder Ed Conrads's 280 million year old man that's every bit as old
as coal doesn't stand a chance, any more so than the truth and nothing
but the global warming truth as having been recently so nicely
articulated by Roger Coppock, as well as by countless others that are
simply refusing to being further snookered into their being continually
dumbfounded.

Too bad the scientific matter of replicated facts proves that I'm being
more than sufficiently right. It also proves that the rest of you
naysay folks of the mainstream status quo are just deathly afraid of
your own perpetrated cold-war shadows.

Thankfully, the smarts and wisdom of China and Russia are soon going to
kick serious science butt, as they leave us in their moon dust and well
outside the ream of whatever their Venus has to behold.
-
Brad Guth

Old October 25th 06, 01:24 PM posted to sci.astro.seti,sci.space.history,uk.sci.astronomy,soc.culture.scientists
Brad Guth[_2_]

Wow! Even to suggest fast little space probes as Earth's messengers
that could have been rather easily accomplished as of decades ago, as
being fully interstellar capable are still SETI/OSETI nondisclosure, as
well as remaining topic/author taboo.

In that case, intelligent other life as having been existing/coexisting
on Venus may be absolute hell, but otherwise it's technically doable.

Unlike the near vacuum, rather easily pulverised and TBI worthy of being
such a DNA lethal environment of Mars, or of that much nastier IR/FIR
plus gamma and hard-X-ray environment of our physically dark and
extremely electrostatic dusty moon, whereas that otherwise toasty
environment of the newish planetology of Venus can be safely worked, and
accomplished rather quickly while at a mere fraction of the cost is just
icing on the cake. Further proof being the silly banishment and/or
outright bashing this topic and anything else I've contributed gets
summarily trashed by those that should know better.

Complex Meteorology at Venus (Venus Express)

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.s...de22fbd03fdc31
http://www.esa.int/SPECIALS/Venus_Ex...5OV74TE_0.html
"The thermal radiation coming from the oven-hot surface of Venus is
represented by the intensity of the colours: the brighter the colour
(towards white), the more radiation comes from the surface, so the less
cloudy the region in the line of sight between the view and the
spacecraft is."

At least ESAs Venus EXPRESS/(VIRTIS) team has been correctly stipulating
as to the primary source of the local atmospheric thermal energy, being
that of the geothermally active surface itself and NOT the supposed
atmospheric greenhouse as we've been told over and over by our team of
NASA wizards. The rather obvious thermal differentials depicted by
these latest IR imaging results do in fact clearly depict as to a wide
range of thermal properties, that which makes for the nighttime season
of Venus into something extremely interesting and potentially viable for
future expeditions, at least by way of rigid airship.

The atmospheric temperature of the nighttime season is obviously much
cooler than by day, though obviously the geothermally active surface
radiated thermal energy isn't going to become all that much less than by
day.

Unfortunately, the ESA/VIRTIS team of supposed Venus wizards are still
deathly afraid of our MIB, as to share anything that could be in any way
specific as to their ongoing survey, that even without their nifty PFS
instrument is more than good enough to have established various
atmospheric thermal layers or zones to within +/- 10 K. I guess ESA
isn't quite as independent of our ruse/sting of the century as we'd
thought, or at least hoped for.
-
Brad Guth

Old October 30th 06, 01:48 PM posted to sci.astro.seti,sci.space.history,uk.sci.astronomy,soc.culture.scientists
Brad Guth[_2_]

"Rob Dekker" wrote in message
. net

http://mygate.mailgate.org/mynews/sc...=smart&p=1/337
Military radars detection, and other current SETI behaviour, or lack of

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.a...c1ea603cb2793e
"Allen Thomson" wrote in message ups.com...
Raghar wrote:
I would like to ask question about detection ability of SETI receivers.
Are they able to detect military radars?

Bet they could detect the AFSSS, formerly and better known as
NAVSPASUR, Lake Kickapoo transmitter from some distance. It's
monochromatic (CW for radiofolk) and has an EIRP of 6 gigawatts in the
main beam.

Quick calculation (using the formula's from seti FAQ), shows that a 6 GW
EIRP transmitter with a CW signal (BandWidth 0.1 Hz) WILL be detectable
at 30 LightYear distance with an Arecibo-style antenna.

The signal will be very faint (a few dB above the noise level).

Integration of the signal and narrowing the BW further could help pump the
SNR, but that means that the transmitting antenna would need to be pointing
in our direction for a considerable time and be a very clean CW signal.

And then, 30 LYs is still considered our immediate neighborhood.
If the distance is at a more realistic 1000 LYs, then there is no way we can
currently detect it. They would need a monstrous receiving antenna.

A remote operated laser cannon as accommodating our marker beacon that
can be specifically directed at a given nearby star/solar system of
potential planets has been doable for decades, and at a fraction the
infrastructure and cost of accomplishing this same effort via microwaves
that are somewhat badly distorted by layers of atmosphere plus that of
our magnetosphere.

Such a optically detected beacon as provided by a laser cannon of 1e9 j
and .05 mr, especially if having been transmitted away from our moon or
from the moon's L1, should more than become easily detected by a few
meters worth of a telescope at the 1000 LY range. A KECK class of
telescope looking for such a 425 nm (+/- 25 nm) packet as coming from
another nearby star system as our's would be hard to miss, and the
quantum binary information contained per ms of that sort of FM laser
packet is actually rather impressive to say the least.

Within such a directed laser beam of FM beacon packets, I do believe
Sirius at 8.6 LY could detect such laser beacon packets with as little
as a few meters worth of optical detector.

Obviously this beacon could be created outside of the visual spectrum,
going IR or perhaps best UV, although 425 nm should be a perfectly good
starting point that most any species of intelligent other souls might
rather easily detect without their involving electronics. With
sensitive photon detections of 425 nm should offer more than a
sufficient capability of greatly enhancing those few remaining photons
as extracted outside of the otherwise blinding starshine that's not
usually FM.

Within existing technology, the laser beam as our beacon/packet of
potentially quantum binary information about us could easily be made to
transmit as narrow as 0.005 mr, and the millisecond pulse energy made as
great as 1e12 j. Possibly sustained as a 10 ms worth of a FM modulated
pulse duration that could be managed as a continuous rate per second, or
at least as a given beacon pulse per minute, although a single ms worth
of FM laser packet is more than good enough for transmitting vast
amounts of information within each shot.
-
Brad Guth