UPDATE: Cosmos 1 Solar Sail Update - Spacecraft Signal May Have Been Detected

Old July 1st 05, 10:30 PM
Scott Hedrick

"Hop David" wrote in message
Evidently you still didn't see Ed Kyle's answer.

Thanks to his link, I saw a post where he replied. He didn't really
*answer*.

since the test would have been
conducted anyway, *without* Society assistance?

Well, if I read Kyle's answer correctly, the test *wouldn't* have been
conducted without Society assistance.

It might not have occured *in that location* *at that time*. Test firing
missiles is routine and necessary to ensure they still work.

I regard Kyle as a more credible info source than you. But I might
change my thinking if you provide a verifiable cite supporting your claim.

Exactly what is it that you think I'm claiming? I'm asking Kyle to support
*his* claim that The Planetary Society has helped endanger the United
States.

Old July 2nd 05, 02:33 PM
Hop David

Scott Hedrick wrote:
"Hop David" wrote in message

Evidently you still didn't see Ed Kyle's answer.

Thanks to his link, I saw a post where he replied. He didn't really
*answer*.

since the test would have been

conducted anyway, *without* Society assistance?

Well, if I read Kyle's answer correctly, the test *wouldn't* have been
conducted without Society assistance.

It might not have occured *in that location* *at that time*. Test firing
missiles is routine and necessary to ensure they still work.

I regard Kyle as a more credible info source than you. But I might
change my thinking if you provide a verifiable cite supporting your claim.

Exactly what is it that you think I'm claiming?

That test firing of this missile is routine and would've happened with
or without TPS support.

Kyle told you that testing of the R-29R Volna Missile _isn't_ routine.
Hasn't been since 1999.

If you're going to continue claiming the testing of this missile is
routine, give a verifiable cite. Stop the evasion.

Stuffie, is that you?

--
Hop David
http://clowder.net/hop/index.html

Old July 4th 05, 01:03 AM
Scott Hedrick

"Hop David" wrote in message
Exactly what is it that you think I'm claiming?

That test firing of this missile is routine and would've happened with
or without TPS support.

But that's not *my* claim. Others have made it, and it's also a necessary
component of being "operational", which that missile is.

Kyle told you that testing of the R-29R Volna Missile _isn't_ routine.
Hasn't been since 1999.

If it were scheduled once every 20 years, it's *still* "routine".

Pay attention next time. I killfiled you for unsubstantiated claims, and
like any other net troll, you just changed your server again.

Old July 4th 05, 05:30 PM
Hop David

Scott Hedrick wrote:
"Hop David" wrote in message

Exactly what is it that you think I'm claiming?

That test firing of this missile is routine and would've happened with
or without TPS support.

But that's not *my* claim.

"The Society did not cause the test to happen; the
test would have been conducted anyway, since they are routine."

You wrote that. It sure the hell is your claim. Your unsubstantiated claim.

Kyle told you that testing of the R-29R Volna Missile _isn't_ routine.
Hasn't been since 1999.

If it were scheduled once every 20 years, it's *still* "routine".

Pay attention next time. I killfiled you for unsubstantiated claims,

If you killfile for unsubstantiated claims, how do you explain your long
tedious exchanges with "copyboy"?

If you plonk trolls, how is it you're arguing with "*"? It's hard for me
to decide who's getting the upper hand in that battle of the titans.

and
like any other net troll, you just changed your server again.

That's as accurate as your other claims. Tabletop Telephone's been my
server since 1997.