New author SIGNED book: Jay Barbree's "Live from Cape Canaveral"

Old September 1st 07, 03:55 PM posted to sci.space.history
Boggs SpaceBooks

Default New author SIGNED book: Jay Barbree's "Live from Cape Canaveral"

Tamara and I are excited to announce a new SIGNED book available from Boggs
SpaceBooks. Through the courtesy of Emmy awarding winning NBC reporter, we
are providing new copies of Jay's book "Live from Cape Canaveral; Covering
the Space Race from Sputnik to Today" SIGNED by him at list price.
Some fifty years ago, while a cub reporter, Jay Barbree caught space fever
the night that Sputnik passed over Georgia. He moved to the then-sleepy
village of Cocoa Beach, Florida, right outside Cape Canaveral, and began
reporting on rockets that fizzled as often as they soared. In "Live from
Cape Canaveral," Barbree-the only reporter who has covered every mission
flown by astronauts-offers his unique perspective on the space program. He
shares affectionate portraits of astronauts as well as some of his fellow
journalists and tells some very funny behind-the-scenes stories-many
involving astronaut pranks. Barbree also shows how much the space program
and its press coverage have changed over time. Warm and perceptive, he
reminds us just how thrilling the great moments of the space race were and
why America fell in love with its heroic, sometimes larger-than-life
astronauts.

We all revere Walter Cronkite's coverage of the space program. Here's what
Mr. Cronkite had to say about this new book: "That's the way it was. For
fifty years, Jay Barbee reported on mankind's greatest adventure. He keeps
space buffs intrigued with a pace that never hesitates. This is the ultimate
inside book about our friends, the astronauts, and their fun-loving pranks."
Hardbound with dust jacket, 6x9 inches, 336pp, $26.95; ages 18 and up.

Interested parties can order online at our secure server at
http://boggsspace.com/mall/live.asp

Best wishes,

Donald & Tamara Boggs
Boggs SpaceBooks®
672 E. 500 N.
Anderson, IN 46012 U.S.A.

765-649-3211 voice or fax http://www.boggsspace.com

Old September 2nd 07, 06:56 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_6_]

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 10:55:48 -0400, "Boggs SpaceBooks"
wrote:

We all revere Walter Cronkite's coverage of the space program. Here's what
Mr. Cronkite had to say about this new book: "That's the way it was. For
fifty years, Jay Barbee reported on mankind's greatest adventure. He keeps
space buffs intrigued with a pace that never hesitates. This is the ultimate
inside book about our friends, the astronauts, and their fun-loving pranks."

....Yes, but does it make up for _Moon Shot_?

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old September 3rd 07, 02:11 PM posted to sci.space.history
Boggs SpaceBooks

"OM" wrote in message

...Yes, but does it make up for _Moon Shot_?

OM

We hope so! In fairness this is Barbree's book, while Moonshot bore the
names ostensibly of four authors.
Donald & Tamara Boggs
Boggs SpaceBooks®
672 E. 500 N.